beatles progress on blackbird by rapsidy

rapsidy

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:11 am

This is a slow version still trying to adapt to neils thumb way taking some time to get used to. I wasnt really ready for the post as i only learnt the lyrics today as you will notice in the chorus, sorry beatles fans, i dont think i sang it the same way twice or the right way once lol :blush: my apologies, i will get it right.. I was just taping to see how it sounded and thought well that will do for a progress report as i copied MARKM pattern and singing to get the song as I didnt know it thanks mark for your video upload it was helpful ;)

This song has definately grown on me :lol:

thanks

Brad

willem

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:57 am

Hey Brad,,great to see you adding it with the thumb and the singin,,it is really a nice song to have it under your belt and it is there..

one tip in my opnion,,when you sing ''blackbird fly'' the word ''fly'' comes early'r it is on the transition with the bass on the fifth string third fret just for you do the last transtion and repeat the whole thing..not that i do it right but you could look at the thread busking ''before and after'' where i put a ''blackbird'' after two years playing it..(with faulds)

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... html#97793

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Brad... great progress being made here! Your hands look much more comfortable with it. Fitting the lyrics in is no small part of getting this song down that's for sure. I'd disagree with Willem ('scuse me Willem!) on the "fly" part, I think you can play around with that as you like (as you did). Your voice is good for this and most of it sounds really good... maybe just pay a little extra attention to pitch at a few points ("waiting for this moment", "Into the light of the big dark night"). Keep it going!

PS: New guitar? Is that one of those Clarke Kent's Chas is always on about? ;-)

dennisg

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:50 am

Tricky song, eh, Brad? Anyway, you're making good progress on it. It's no easy thing to play this song, let alone sing with it. Keep at it.

willem

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Brad... great progress being made here! Your hands look much more comfortable with it. Fitting the lyrics in is no small part of getting this song down that's for sure. as I'd disagree with Willem ('scuse me Willem!) on the "fly" part, I think you can play around with that you like (as you did). Your voice is good for this and most of it sounds really good... maybe just pay a little extra attention to pitch at a few points ("waiting for this moment", "Into the light of the big dark night"). Keep it going!

PS: New guitar? Is that one of those Clarke Kent's Chas is always on about? ;-)
I think Chris has a point there,,there is a lot of space for putting that word ''fly'' but when you start early you have more time to prepare for the very difficult part ''ínto the light of the dark black night'',,just an idea and my sheet told me,,

W,

rapsidy

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 am

willem thanks all tips taken in and trialled so i appreciate your help and link

Chris yes its a "clarke kent" and yes definately pitchy in places at least i have a good focus point to start with those suggestions, it is difficult that in the dark night bit, will have to sing a long with paul a bit more.

dennis.. yes it is tricky but i think the song comes alive when you sing it.. i really like this song now considering it was my least favourite before, it seem so out of place compared to the rest of their music, but i have come to appreciate what a great little song it is.. how did paul come up with all these songs?? just brilliant

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am

I think Chris has a point there,,there is a lot of space for putting that word ''fly'' but when you start early you have more time to prepare for the very difficult part ''ínto the light of the dark black night'',,just an idea and my sheet told me,,
W,
That is definitely a good point Willem. And ''ínto the light of the dark black night'' is the hardest part to sing.

willem

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
W,
That is definitely a good point Willem. And ''ínto the light of the dark black night'' is the hardest part to sing.
It sure is,,I think it can't be sang in chest/voice..

BobR

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi Brad,

Glad you have gotten to like this song :laugh: because you're making really nice progress with it.

Keep on picking

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:23 am

Hey Brad good to see another video from you. It think you are moving along quite well on this song. The thumb making the big jump to the G string is a bit challenging and you are doing a fine job with it. Singing along with it would definitely be really tough for me , but it looks easy for you.

Good work.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic