Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Bud- Thanks for checking it out. I just watched your vid on 'Rainy Night in Georgia' and enjoyed it too!

Bill- Always love seeing those hands! Cheers!

Rick- I know you're not on here a lot, so I appreciate that you took the time to comment.

Craig- Thanks. If I love the song, I'll take it on- even if it's a 7 (or 8?) Gotta love it though- cause I'm gonna be playing the HELL out of it! :)

Tony- Love the dry wit. Thanks.

Willem- I wouldn't say I'm bending like Neil yet. I'm working on it, and lucked out in this upload- but I still find it very tough to do the hinge-bar/ bass-note move cleanly. But thank you all the same.

Ken- Thanks for your comment. I'd like to see yours, and other people versions of this- even if it's not as far along as I've got it. I'm also sure there's probably some people on here that have it farther than I do... Why does Dean come to mind?

MJ- The Mini is such a fun instrument and is more comfortable for me to play in general. I'd try one out if you haven't yet. I'm sure you could find one wrong-handed ;)

Marc- You're right on re. the constant bass. And the timing in general. I almost need to go on autopilot and NOT think about the timing in order to play it right- if that makes any sense.

Scott- Thanks for taking the time to check it out and to comment. As I said earlier, let's see where you and others are at with it.

Mr. Bob- Thank you sir.

jayswett

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 am

Well done, Al. You are not far from getting that up to speed.

Taylor, Martin? Where does it end?

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:00 am

jayswett wrote:
Well done, Al. You are not far from getting that up to speed.

Taylor, Martin? Where does it end?
Thanks Jay.
And to answer your question..
It doesn't.
:)

TGNeil

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:05 am

Very very nice Al, you're certainly one of the students here on the site who keeps improving all the time, well done! :)

Ness

dsmarion

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Awesome! Very nice arrangement, wonderful playing and I love the sound of that guitar!

Scott

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:52 am

Ness- Thanks so much. It doesn't always feel like it, but I guess I am.

Scott- As I wrote in your update, nice to see you 'round here again! I agree that Neil did an awesome job on this arrangement. Also glad you like the new Mini. There's a video on here of me taking a huge leap of faith and removing the pickguard if you're interested.

suziko

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Al,

This was great to see. Firstly, because I'd really like to learn this song and watching your video has encouraged me to keep working on it. And secondly cos I LOVED seeing the Mini in action!!! I'm assuming it's the Mahogany? I'm soooo envious, but I've got a feeling that one is in my not-too-distant future. I also need to see the vid of where you removed the pick guard. That was actually the only negative to me of the Mini- the look of the pick guard (I'm in the anti-pick guard contingent) but I never would have thought of removing it.

Sounds fabulous all around. Great job!!

Suzi

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey Al this video should have a censorship rating as your guitar is naked!!!

Nicely played and the 'naked' guitar sounds cool. The transitions will come in time when you don't think about them so much. I take my hat off to you though for getting this far in such a short time, 'Sponge Al' Square pants as Pierre would have us think.

rapsidy

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 am

This tune would be up there as my favourite of all time i didnt know you could play it on guitar lol

you did so well Al but you always do ;)

Brad

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 am

Suzi- Might be cause for a new TG group? The Anti-Piickguard Association? Glad you liked the upload and are sticking with working on your version.

Chas- Very funny nickname that I hope DOESN'T stick!

Brad- Thanks. My version actually seems in slow motion compared to Tom's upload of the same tune! Check it out if you haven't yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic