Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill by AcousticAl

haoli25

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Bravo, Al. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing your video. Image

BigBear

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Great job Al!! Very tough guitar song and you really handled it well. Man, those are some tough transitions.

What can I say beside more superlatives? You da man!!

Cheers! :cheer:

Craig

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 am

Al,
Great job on a great song! You are welll on your way to having this nailed. Congratulations on taking on this song, not easy.

Craig

tovo

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:37 am

Nice work Al. Your progress is enviable. I would take that Taylor back though...they forgot to put on the pick-guard.

willem

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:47 am

Very nice Al,,its nice to see you can bend your chord fingers like Neil..if you can bend your fingers like that there are nice things on there way..

Willem

skaladar

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 am

That was excellent Al. I was wondering who would be the first to put this up and I’m not at all surprised it’s you.
You’re sounding great and clearly have a good handle on this tough piece. I’m impressed and yes, a bit envious as I’m light years away.
Please add this to your permanent songbook because I’d love to see it again after a little aging.

Thanks for sharing

♫ Ken ♫

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:36 am

Al:

Very nice beginning! That lesson was not put up very long ago!!!! You have the chords and changes down pretty damn good. I can't wait to hear it after you have more time with it. If you sound this good already, the finished product is not far away.... B)

The new guitar sounds really nice. Does it feel more comfortable to play with the smaller body? That mahogany looks so nice, and it has such a nice mid-range, warm tone. As stated already, "You Rock".... ;) Can I say yet another "inspirational" TG'er.... :)

MJ

Lavallee

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 am

Great work Al , I am also working on this song and I am not anywhere near where you are. Besides getting the chords and the picking, I find that the most important key for this song is the constant bass sound, and you are doing a great job at it, loud, clear and rhythmic.

Very impressed, again.

Marc

sbutler

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

OH YEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Thats what I'm talkin about. GREAT Job, on what I think is a pretty tall challenge. Judging by the comments, I'd say this bug bit a bunch of us, and Al, you stood up and bit back.

I love this lesson, and I'm glad to see your doing it so well.

Bravo Al,

Scott

BobR

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Al,

The new Taylor sounds really nice, of course it's the way your playing it. :)

Very nicely done, and as others have said I look forward to your progress.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic