schm040 learning oldman guitar lesson

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Matt:

That was a great job. I can't anything to what others have already said, other than a bit time will get you where you want to be. Your hand position looks very solid, and your timing seemed very consistent to me. I love this song and have full intentions of getting into it one of these days. I agree with Chris that it would be great to hear you sing along, as your playing seems very relaxed so far. However, when it comes to signing, I totally understand leaving it out for a bit.... ;)

Congrats on a job well done!

MJ

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Great version, Matt.

I like the upbeat vibe you gave it.

Don't worry about blowing a few sections here and there.
To quote Steven Tyler:
"Don't sweat the petty stuff.. And don't pet the sweaty stuff!!"

:laugh:

suziko

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:37 am

Matt,

Nice job on a classic song! I've had this on my "to-do" list for about 3 years. Must get to it at some point. I also really liked the sepia-tone of the video. Very thematically-appropriate!

Suzi

cosmicmechanic

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Matt, that guitar must sound SO vibrant in person ... very warm sound, for sure.
Just to nitpick: it felt a bit rushed in parts, but that will all fall into place very soon.
Showing your midway progress on a tune here on the forum is a great catalyst for understanding how to improve on it,
whether because of member's comments, or making your own observations in a different context than is usual.
... which makes me realize that I should do more of that, myself !

Nice going !
Pierre

schm040

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Al, well said thanks.

Suzi, go ahead and do it. This song has become one of my "go to" songs to get me back if I am lost, and really fun too.

Pierre, you are right of course and I plan on posting more because it forces me to not suck too much!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic