Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill by tvarga

tvarga

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:00 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I've been working on this one for a while now. I really did try using Neil's suggestion for fingering the 2nd part of the verse, but I just couldn't make it work.
So, I made up something that he'll probably think is pretty ugly. It needs a quick, big movement but at least I seem to be able to to hit it most of the time.

-Tom

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Tom:

That was beautiful. You have an incredible start on this one. I would love to tackle that song, but it is well beyond my skill set right now. Your picking was fast and furious, but very consistent. The couple of places you mentioned with tough changes are not as bad as you made them out. They will smooth out nicely with time. Overall, I think it is an effort to be very proud of. Then again, all of your posts are efforts to be proud of, you are becoming a very solid player. Kudos to you on a job well done.

Cheers!

MJ

tovo

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Tom I thought that was just great. I'm familiar with the piece and I thought the tempo was pretty solid which is no easy feat on such a pacy tune. I have always enjoyed the fact that you take on such difficult challenges and this is no exception. I'd love to hear this again in a few months when you are playing it flawlessly, right now it is very, very good in my humble opinion.

buddy

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Tom, You have this tune way down the road and I am always impressed with your playing. I can't wait to hear the review on this one.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm

This is a great job Tom and at actual speed too! I see what you mean about that stretch but everything sounded good... some dud notes now and again but as you were going for the actual speed that's to be expected. This will soon be really, really good. Congrats!

Craig

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Tom,
Great job on a difficult song. You will have this nailed in no time. I'm very impressed.

Craig

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Holy smokes, Tom! Gonna call you Speedy Gonzales from now on!

Really good job on this so far.

Glad others are working on it as well. Maybe we'll do it with vocals next time we get together?

dennisg

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Really impressive job on a song I absolutely love. Way to go, Tom!

schm040

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Tom,

Nice to see you posting again. Nice work. That is a tough move from the F# minor but I know the problem you are having. I actually tried something different too that works sort of.

Matt

BobR

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Tom,

I thought that was terrific. The sound you're getting is really good. And your tempo was great.

thanks for the look.
Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic