buddy learning Chasm guitar lesson

buddy

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:34 pm

suziko wrote:
Buddy,

I missed the first version of this song, but I like what you're doing with this version. I like the variation in the softer picking versus the slightly heavier strumming in the chorus. It's really cool that you're working on writing your own songs. That's something I keep telling myself I should really try to do- but covers are just so much easier :)

Suzi
Suzi, Thanks much for listening in on this tune and your comments. As you said, this song writing is a lot of work. I find the lyrics come fairly easy for me, the tough part for me is arranging the music to express the feeling of the lyrics. I would love to hear more original songs on TG as their are so many talented people here.

Bud

buddy

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Chris, thanks so much for constant friendship and encouragement.

Bud

buddy

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Hi Buddy,

This effort is really worth pursuing ... now let me tear it to bits (just joking)

It has an appropriate mood (smouldering ?) for the lyrics : mystery and tension. Develop that, it really works.

What I would humbly suggest for the chorus, for example, from 1:10 to 1:45, is the following:

You repeat a 4 chord progression 4 times ... 16 in all, says the math whiz !

The strumming is: "down down up up down" for each of the 4 chords (16 times, remember ?).

I feel that if you vary that strumming pattern somewhat it will make it much more interesting, will draw the listener in even more.
A lot more bang for very little buck.

I'm anxious for the next version !

Pierre
Pierre, it is funny that you have suggested these suggestions because this is exactly where this song is leading me. You have a good ear my friend and thanks for you input and support.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic