schm040 Ripple Chord Solo guitar lesson review upload

schm040

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

schm040

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 am

Just a heads up TG friends.....

The audio is going to sound weird because I sped up the original recording about 10% and couldn't figure out how to adjust the pitch. I guess I need song surgeon!!!!

The program I used was I Movie for the video edits and Garage Band for the audio (added some effects).

By listening to my recording faster and slower it helps me get a better feel for how fast the song should really go, it is fun too. If you really speed it up it sounds like banjo.

I am most interested in the feedback on the basic timing of my strumming and picking as well as the swing time feel.

I don't feel like I really have the swing time right, sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't I think.

Enjoy, I will keep working on my "basics".

Matt

BobR

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Matt,

I didn't hear anything wrong with the audio and then around 1:30 there it was. Sounded kind of weird(as you said). :ohmy: I have Song Surgeon and it works great.
Overall I think it sounded really good and I think your swing time seems fine(at least to my ears)

Nicely done

Bob

willem

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:49 am

I'm not familiar with the song but I hear a kinda swingtime in your playing,,,for me swingtime is also sometimes on and off,,the feel while counting is on the ands,
(1)AND2AND3AND4, I like your video effect 'cos you brought me an idea for a friends birthday he is a Pink Floyd fan and I try to learn ''is there anybody out there'' and film it..

W.

dennisg

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Matt,

Here's what I like about the video: I love that you pick selected strings and don't try to strum all the strings all the time. I also think that your tempo is excellent throughout the song. Those two things alone are really laudable; the fact that you also happened to play a really pretty song is the cherry on top.

Here's what I didn't like about the video: the high-contrast, negative effect. It seems to add nothing useful, and only gets in the way of me seeing what you're doing with your hands.

Which Taylor are you playing? Sounded great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic