schm040 Ventura Highway guitar lesson review upload

schm040

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Suzi,

Yeah, using a pick was always alien to me so I usually fingerpicked everything but recently I have found that with patience the results of using a pick for certain things just can't be beat.

Especially with Neil's instruction regarding making sure you pick down on the downs and up on the ups and keep the hand moving etc. I am loving it.

Working on Day Tripper...........great practice for that.

As for singing, how about we just say I will be saying the lyrics hopefully in time and most likely out of tune!!!

:)

cosmicmechanic

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 pm

You're a trooper, Matt !
I haven't tried that tune yet, and this kind of video gives me a good idea of what I'm in for if I go for it (sooner or later, hopefully).

Good show.
Pierre

AcousticAl

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Glad this came back to the top, as I missed it the first time.

I haven't seen this lesson yet, and agree it looks like a challenge for sure! 5 you say??

Great progress so far, Matt. Looking forward to seeing future progress/uploads!

MarkM

Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Matt,

Wow you don't go for the easy songs do ya? As others have said, you seem to have all the mechanics down pretty well. Now its practice, practice, practice. You should be proud of yourself on this one. This song gives me the cold chills when I think of playing it. Level 5 huh...... I'm not so sure it shouldn't be higher. Keep at it. You're doing great.

Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic