pink floyd is there anybody out there by willem

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 am

Just read back from previous posts, and great advice
from Suz, do it man!

willem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 am

chas wrote:
Only comment I would make in circumstance would be use the metronome am ( lol I'm not great at using the gnome either) Its coming along nicely willem

Chasplaya wrote:
from Suz, do it man!
Thx Chas,,now I have to work after the great advices,,,my other guitar has more sustain but I prefer the one I used,,,we see...

Willem

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 am

willem wrote:
chas wrote:
Only comment I would make in circumstance would be use the metronome am ( lol I'm not great at using the gnome either) Its coming along nicely willem

Chasplaya wrote:
from Suz, do it man!
Thx Chas,,now I have to work after the great advices,,,my other guitar has more sustain but I prefer the one I used,,,we see...

Willem
Hey go for it man

willem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am

Chasplaya wrote:
willem wrote:
chas wrote:

Chasplaya wrote:
from Suz, do it man!

Willem
Hey go for it man
Sure I have to feed my addiction,,,,,

dennisg

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

This is really good, Willem, and one of the most enjoyable pieces I've heard from you. One thing you might want to try is to slow it down until you're comfortable making the chord changes without the hesitations.

willem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm

dennisg wrote:
This is really good, Willem, and one of the most enjoyable pieces I've heard from you. One thing you might want to try is to slow it down until you're comfortable making the chord changes without the hesitations.
Very glad to hear that from you Dennis,,, now I try to keep up with the nome and practice as much as I can the pieces were I hesistate...and all the other great tips..

Willem

michelew

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:31 am

Hey Willem,

It's nice to see you working on this beautiful song.

To get it ready for your friend from where it is now, I REALLY suggest that you play it against the album at a much slower speed until you're not thinking about it any more, can sustain your notes as suggested by Suzi and have no pauses. Once you're playing perfectly in time with the album (slooowly) without dropping a beat you can speed it up gradually. In fact, the piece sounds even better when played more slowly in general because you can put more emotion into it. That was one of Neil's pieces of advice to me. Patience is definitely called for. It's really tempting to play the bits you know faster, but slowing it down will really help you to smooth it out. This song really needs to be as fluid as you can make it.

You'll be surprised at the results if you can do that for a while.

Good luck.

You're a sweet man for preparing this for your friend.

Shel

willem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 am

michelew wrote:
Hey Willem,

It's nice to see you working on this beautiful song.

To get it ready for your friend from where it is now, I REALLY suggest that you play it against the album at a much slower speed until you're not thinking about it any more, can sustain your notes as suggested by Suzi and have no pauses. Once you're playing perfectly in time with the album (slooowly) without dropping a beat you can speed it up gradually. In fact, the piece sounds even better when played more slowly in general because you can put more emotion into it. That was one of Neil's pieces of advice to me. Patience is definitely called for. It's really tempting to play the bits you know faster, but slowing it down will really help you to smooth it out. This song really needs to be as fluid as you can make it.

You'll be surprised at the results if you can do that for a while.

Good luck.

You're a sweet man for preparing this for your friend.

Shel
AH Michele there you are,,I could'nt get your video review(error stream not found),,,but it is great to hear from you,,Just a minute ago I played it slow and with no pauses and sustain notes,,when i try to record it I mess up again,,I think I am not there to play it blind but i think I wiil get there on time for supricing my friend I will not tell him the tittle and lets see what he say's..

I also like it slow its such a nice piece..

Willem

michelew

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 am

That's the way Willem. Good for you. All the best. I'm sure you'll make your friend smile. It's already VERY recognisable. He'll get it in a flash. And if you continue to smooth it out you'll have your friend in tears ... of joy. :)

Shel

willem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

michelew wrote:
That's the way Willem. Good for you. All the best. I'm sure you'll make your friend smile. It's already VERY recognisable. He'll get it in a flash. And if you continue to smooth it out you'll have your friend in tears ... of joy. :)

Shel

like Ness so many times said,,''your an sweetie'' :laugh: :laugh: :P B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic