pink floyd is there anybody out there by willem

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,, for a friends birthday I practice lately this tune(never done it and it so long here) this friend is a huge Floyd fan and I wanna make a nice video for him so I practice till my fingers ,,bleed'' I really want to have it smootly down and have time till the end of week 18 and I thought I put this up for some feedback,, I also tryed out to record it with my smartphone and it looks its a good gear(sound and picture),,please let me know how you like it so far.

thanks in advange..

Willem

ps,,sorry for the telivision background noise..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Willem,

Your practicing sounds like it has really paid off. It sounds really good to me except a couple minor muted strings on occasion. But overall your friend should be very happy. Nice effect on the Wall as well.

I am not sure but is week 18 next week? :huh:

Bob

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 pm

BobR wrote:
Willem,

Your practicing sounds like it has really paid off. It sounds really good to me except a couple minor muted strings on occasion. But overall your friend should be very happy. Nice effect on the Wall as well.

I am not sure but is week 18 next week? :huh:

Bob

Thx Bob for your feedback and great to hear how you like it,,I have two weeks to go for the final job wich must be smooth and a bit faster I think..

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Love this PF-tune! :)

Have you played along with Neil or PF Willem?

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Love this PF-tune! :)

Have you played along with Neil or PF Willem?
I like your hint, 112 bpm he and don't miss a note,, :laugh: :laugh:

buddy

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Willem, really nice video, it has been fun to watch you progress as a guitar player my friend.

Bud

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:33 pm

buddy wrote:
Willem, really nice video, it has been fun to watch you progress as a guitar player my friend.

Bud

Thx Buddy,,I really like the most of your uploads,,many are from the heart,,stay there..

Lavallee

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Willem, it is coming along very nicely. If you could get that bass line to be a little more fluid it would help a lot. if you take the first 4 chords, the last D string of a chord is followed by a G string to give you some time to change chord (during the G string hit) and hit the next D string note.I do not hear the G string note and you seem to pause on the D string before hitting the next one.

I am sure your friend will be happy to see your work.

Marc

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Willem, it is coming along very nicely. If you could get that bass line to be a little more fluid it would help a lot. if you take the first 4 chords, the last D string of a chord is followed by a G string to give you some time to change chord (during the G string hit) and hit the next D string note.I do not hear the G string note and you seem to pause on the D string before hitting the next one.

I am sure your friend will be happy to see your work.

Marc
Thx Marc I will look at that.

schm040

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Willem,

Keep going!!!!!!! You are making progress.

I will tell you one thing that Neil taught me when I visited him last year and that is to drop your left hand down.

Force yourself to put your thumb at the middle of the back of the neck, especially when fingerpicking.

It is a pain at first but you will be glad you did.

Thanks for posting.

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic