webostick Michelle guitar lesson review upload

Chasplaya

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 am

Great job Webo, you have that down to perfection. Very nicely and steadily played.

willem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:13 am

Really great,,I must go back on that one..

schm040

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 am

Stick in that little triplet lead part and you have the whole package, great work.

One observation on your strumming (please consider the source I am no expert!!)....

It seems like you are not letting go of the chord on the & of beat 4 so you are getting kind of hung up getting to the chord change on beat 1 of the next measure...

Thanks for uploading.

I love the Beatles and want to do an upload soon tooo.

Matt

Lavallee

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Wally great to hear back from you with this nice video. very nice playing. I really like that you mute the chords during the intro between picking, nice effect. Is your Guitar a Les Paul or en Epiphone ? I have an Epiphone myself same color . Are you connecting directly into the amplifier or do you use an effect box?

Marc

BobR

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Wally,

It's been a while. Nice to see you post again. Very Fine job on that tune. I have the same question as Marc, since I have the same sunburst color Epiphone also

Bob

dburns99

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks to all. Yes, it has been a long time since I visited here and posted anything. I have been working on learning more about blues and electric guitar skills. I was at a loss to remember how to upload to Videos for Review, but eventually figured it out. It seems I have a hard time working on two things or styles at the same time. Totally Guitars and Neil's lessons are so great, and there is so much to learn. I hope to devote more of my practice and learning in finger style, and chord solo as I go forward.

Thanks Chris, and Willem.

Matt, yes, some timing issues to work out. My experience is that it takes 6 months to a year of making a new song a regular in my grab bag of songs so it flows a little easier. I am still working on the triplets in the solo lead. Guitar Pro is a big help. Also, I want to use a flat pick strumming style that Neil demonstrates and uses in his arrangement. I really want to get that solo worked out and the ascending run, which really fills out the arrangement. I will update when I have something to share.

Marc, and Bob, I recorded the video with iMovie on my iMac built in camera. My guitar is a Gibson Les Paul standard traditional pro. My Guild D35 is in the shop being repaired/set up so I went a little electric. I use a Mesa Boogie Express 5:25, output thru a THD Hot Plate attenuator. Output of attenuator into an M-Audio ProFire 610 interface which feeds iMovie. Amp is set for clean channel, with a fair amount of reverb, and a little digital delay Carbon Copy effects box. Neck pickup on the Les Paul.

BigBear

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Wally- that was fantastic!! Great pinches and timing. You've been practicing!! Your Les Paul sounded great too.

Very well done! Thanks for sharing that.

Don't forget I still owe you lunch!!! lol!

Be well! :cheer:

AcousticAl

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Wally,

nice to see you again, and good to see you're still playing up a storm.
Really nice job on "Michelle'. That guitar sounds sweet!!

cosmicmechanic

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Long time no see ... glad you shared this, I can learn something here of course.
Also, I'm not really sure if the electric is a newer interest, or if you've posted with it before ?

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic