The Beatles Michelle by webostick

TGMike

Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 am

I enjoyed that Wally,,,I really must revisit that lesson,,,thanks for reminding it is here..

Willem

buddy

Sun May 06, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks Willem.

What looks like a simple song turns out to be more complicated to make it sound right. I wish I could record the performance before I turn on the record button. I tried using a thin pick for a change, I usually use a medium Fender. My Guild D35 came back from the luthier for a set up and repaired a string buzz. Never sounded better in tone (the guy who did the work said it was the best sounding Guild he has heard. Made me proud to hang on to it since 1978. The wood is now seasoned, and the sound has opened up).

I tried to use a more heavy sweeping 'comp'ing style rhythm guitar, throwing in some palm muting and hybrid picking. Still not smooth as I wish for, and the solo still has some hiccups but I am trying to make it work.

Thanks for giving it a listen.

willem

Sun May 06, 2012 11:51 am

webostick wrote:
Thanks Willem.

What looks like a simple song turns out to be more complicated to make it sound right. I wish I could record the performance before I turn on the record button. I tried using a thin pick for a change, I usually use a medium Fender. My Guild D35 came back from the luthier for a set up and repaired a string buzz. Never sounded better in tone (the guy who did the work said it was the best sounding Guild he has heard. Made me proud to hang on to it since 1978. The wood is now seasoned, and the sound has opened up).

I tried to use a more heavy sweeping 'comp'ing style rhythm guitar, throwing in some palm muting and hybrid picking. Still not smooth as I wish for, and the solo still has some hiccups but I am trying to make it work.

Thanks for giving it a listen.

Congrat on keeping your guitar so long..

For the song,,well you know were to work on to make it your Michelle...

Willem

cosmicmechanic

Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Wally, I haven't gotten into this lesson yet, but I hope to someday.
So I'm sorry that I can't give you many very great insights that will change your life, as I always strive to :side:

Just to say that if I played this as well as you do, I could do it in my yard on a sunny day knowing that the neighbors would be happy.

Pierre

Lavallee

Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 am

Hi Wally, good playing with some palm muting in there. You are almost there with the picking which seems pretty tricky.

Looking forward to Neil's comment on it

Marc

abiliog

Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 am

Wally,
Great sound from your guitar. I really enjoyed your guitar playing.
Thanks for sharing,
Abilio

BobR

Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Wally,

That is sounding really good. Looks like quite a workout and your doing really well IMHO.

Thanks for posting

Bob

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

Hey Wally,

looks deceptively difficult to me, but you look like you are heading in the right direction with it.

A full workout up and down the neck. Just keep playing and practicing it and the bits which you are finding more difficult just play slowly 'till you have them down and joined up to the rest. Great job, keep going! :)

Tom N.

MarkM

Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Wally,

Wow two videos back to back. That was really nice. Great sound you were getting from that set up. Very nicely done so far with a pretty tricky song. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic