buddy learning to play FROM THE BEGINNING acoustic guitar

buddy

Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

schm040

Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Buddy,

Great to see some of the harder lessons being posted.

As always the signing and playing together is amazing (I know I still owe my singing post!)

One recommendation on the strumming parts is that you have to be sure to miss the down beat on beat 3 by dampening the strings and then barely catch the up as though the whole beat is in the background.

It helps in doing this if you clearly accent the bass on beat 1 and accent the down beat of beat 2 and miss the up of 2.

I only sort of know what I am talking about to so consider the source.

Great job keep posting.

Matt

Craig

Tue May 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Buddy,
Nice job. I love this song and I've worked on it on and off for quite awhile. It's fun to play. I think your voice suits it well. You've inspired me to get back to it.

Craig

tombo1230

Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Great Job Buddy,

This is a new one on me, don't know this one, but I really enjoyed your singing and playing. First class!

Tom N.

tovo

Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Some great guitar work there Bud and your voice suits this tune really well I think.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Buddy, including your family scenes was a real sweet gesture. You are generous to share and it can only help ...

This is another in a long list of tunes I learned the wrong way before TG ... so I do understand the effort it takes to play it right (haven't done that yet).

Thanks for this !
Pierre

abiliog

Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 am

Buddy,
Great great work on such a beautiful song. This one should be part on your open mic shows, you play it and sing it so well.
Thanks for inspiring me,
Abilio

MarkM

Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 am

Good job Bud. This one is a bit out of your zone. Great to see your stretching yourself a bit here. Looks like you pretty much have all the chords and timing down. The vocals were outstanding. Really impressive there. Now its just down to making very small adjustments as you get more familiar with the song. This was a very nice surprise to see. Keep at it and I can't wait to see the follow up. Oh and great pictures at the end.

MarkM

pbraun

Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am

Buddy, hey I thought that was just great. I don't know the song that well but I thought you got it right! Certainy doesn't look as easy as you made it sound!
Pete

willem

Wed May 09, 2012 11:21 am

Hi Buddy,,Neil said it again ''everybody should learn this song'',, well I 'm not familair with the song so I went of to the lesson and man what a lesson it is,it was one of those with theory in it were I break my head but found it just great but you can also hear that he put his heart totally in it..don't know if I ever will learn this song but do love the sound and skills in it I think you did such a great job on it and I geuss you get a review on it 'cos you did just right to put it in the right channel...

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic