buddy learning to play FROM THE BEGINNING acoustic guitar

dennisg

Fri May 11, 2012 9:00 am

That was really impressive, Buddy. You hung it way out there on that one.

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Buddy, including your family scenes was a real sweet gesture. You are generous to share and it can only help ...

This is another in a long list of tunes I learned the wrong way before TG ... so I do understand the effort it takes to play it right (haven't done that yet).

Thanks for this !
Pierre
Pierre, Thanks my friend !

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:08 pm

abiliog wrote:
Buddy,
Great great work on such a beautiful song. This one should be part on your open mic shows, you play it and sing it so well.
Thanks for inspiring me,
Abilio
Abilio, Nice to hear from you. I actually played this at a wine tasting room this week and it went over well. They must have had enough wine to enjoy it. :laugh:

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:09 pm

MarkM wrote:
Good job Bud. This one is a bit out of your zone. Great to see your stretching yourself a bit here. Looks like you pretty much have all the chords and timing down. The vocals were outstanding. Really impressive there. Now its just down to making very small adjustments as you get more familiar with the song. This was a very nice surprise to see. Keep at it and I can't wait to see the follow up. Oh and great pictures at the end.

MarkM
Mark, thanks much for your encouragement on this tune.

Bud

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Pete, yes it is a challenge to play and sing at the same time.

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm

willem wrote:
Hi Buddy,,Neil said it again ''everybody should learn this song'',, well I 'm not familair with the song so I went of to the lesson and man what a lesson it is,it was one of those with theory in it were I break my head but found it just great but you can also hear that he put his heart totally in it..don't know if I ever will learn this song but do love the sound and skills in it I think you did such a great job on it and I geuss you get a review on it 'cos you did just right to put it in the right channel...

Willem
Thanks my Willem friend !

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Bob, Glad you liked the pics at the end.

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:12 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Bud,

I can't remember your recording sounding any better. Your guitar/voice balance was bang-on.
Played VERY well as well.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks very much Al !

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:13 pm

tvarga wrote:
Hey Buddy, that was really great.
I'm especially impressed that you're singing along so well with a challenging guitar piece!!
-Tom
Thanks Tom, I did change the guitar up just a little to make it easier to sing.

buddy

Fri May 11, 2012 5:15 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, that was really good Buddy, this piece is growing on me since Neil posted the lesson and your voice really pays out for you on this one... nice playing too... and great touch with the family picks. Well done.
Chris, Thanks, this song is very unique musically which makes it very fun to play. Glad you enjoyed the pics as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic