Slide Guitar by mark

mark

Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 am

Tom - You should try a bit of slide. You should pick it up quickly.

Tony - I'm really into Blues as well. Don't know why I took so long to try slide. Maybe we should start a Busking thread for blues.

Willem - It is a classic turnaround. I never get bored of playing it.

Bob - It's open D. It's my favorite open tunning. Seems very flexible.

Marc - Yeah I've got an old box at my feet which I bang my foot against. I think it really adds to the blues having a foot stomp going along with it.
Just need to work on a blues hat now!

Thereshopeyet - Thanks. I've found it a lot easier this time around. I tried slide some years ago and gave up with in a day because of the awfull noise I was making.

Craig - Keeping time is always a problem. I ok with slide until I try and add some vibrato. Then I find it hard to keep the bass line going.

Tom and Jim - thanks for your encouragement

MarkM

Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

Mark that was really very enjoyable to watch and listen to. Great to see you back up here with a new video. I'm very interested in open G and trying out the slide but haven't yet had the time to put into it. Open D sounds really good when you play it. I saw that you were using a wooden box for your stomp. Great idea and it sounded wonderful. Have you played around with other slides? Glass for instance. What were your thoughts on that if you did? Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Nothin' but net, Mark!

Loved every second of it and didn't want it to end!

I actually bought a glass slide after Neil's last lesson on it- but haven't gotten around to seeing what it's all about yet...

RicksPick

Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm

WOW Mark
Stunning, so enjoyed that

RicksPick

mark

Fri May 11, 2012 10:39 am

Mark - I haven't tried any other Slides at all. The slide I was using I bought years ago and found it at the bottom of a draw covered in dust.
It only fits on my little finger so that made the decision about which finger to put it on.

Al and Rick - Thanks for your encouragment.

beaker

Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Mark,
You slide playing is great. I have tried it and found it very tough, but it is a dream for me to one day play slide. You are killing it! I wish I could comment on your technique, but I'll leave that to Neil. I hope he reviews this one. Beaker.

suziko

Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 am

This video had me grooving around this morning while getting ready for the day. Putting in my contact lenses has never been so much fun! I have no advice for you, just total admiration and praise. That was about as cool sounding as it gets.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic