Eric Clapton Tears in Heaven by jayswett

jayswett

Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi everyone. Tony posted a version of this ages ago, and since then I have been wanting to learn this song. No lyrics, just guitar. I consider this a victory of sorts as it is not your typical travis picking sort of thing, which I have done to death, as many of you know. As I was reviewing the video, it seems there is a portion of it that is out of synch. Not sure why, but suffice it to say my computer is getting a bit dated, and I suspect that has something to do with it.

BobR

Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi Jay,

Very nicely done. I didn't seem to notice much that was out of synch just some very nice playing and picking.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

tovo

Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey Jay. Terrific as usual. This tune has become my "go to". If someone asks me to play something it tends to be the one I pick. Love it.

There are a number of fingerings for this I have found. I think I learned it from a DVD on Clapton numbers. I got right into the aspects of how Clapton actually plays it and from memory Neil talked a lot about those differences in his lesson. I suspect you learned from Neil's lesson which is of course very correct.

Anyway, that was quite a ramble. I don't think I've ever seen something from you that didn't float my boat and this is certainly no exception. Enjoyed it a lot.

buddy

Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Jay, Really well done my man. This is a great tune and you really nailed this version of it. That Seagull is sounding sweet !!!!

Bud

dtaylor

Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 am

Very smooth Jay, I enjoyed that. The only thing I can add would be to remember to add the E in the bass on the 2nd measure of Bm7 at the end of the verse. It's fresh in my mind as I've been practicing this myself, not as smoothly as you though.

Dean

AcousticAl

Tue May 15, 2012 5:35 am

Hey Jay,

Great version here. I particularly like the way you play the bridge part.. it's a bit different (and sounds better) than the way I play it.
So once again, I'll be using one of your uploads as a mini lesson.

Cheers!

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 15, 2012 6:18 am

Great job Jay and great to see you post again... its been a while. I swear (as with Kev) that I can hear its you playing, you have a distinctive handwriting on your playing, very steady and metronome-like precision. And I agree with Buddy, the Seagull sounds really good. Maybe turn up the volume a bit though, its very low. Great stuff!

abiliog

Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am

Jay,
Wonderful playing, with a steady tempo as if you were born with an incorporated metronome :) .
That Seagull is flying high in your hands.
Thanks for inspiring me,
Abílio

willem

Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 am

wish I could play it like you...

Willem

beaker

Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

Impecable Jay. You are a very diligent student of guitar. Nice one. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic