Led Zeppelin by beaker

Lavallee

Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Beaker , amazing job. Not an easy song with all the chords variation and the strumming is not easy. You have really kept the song spirit with the right intensity of strumming. I sure hope you get a review on it .

Marc

tovo

Wed May 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Great work mate. Huge kudos for the huge amount of work that has obviously gone into getting that tune down so very well.

mark

Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 am

Beaker
Great playing.
One of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs and one I have always wanted to learn.

You're touch is really good throughout but I particularly like the parts where you have the bass line ringing out with very light strumming in the background.

Do you know any other songs in that tuning?

suziko

Thu May 17, 2012 8:21 am

I have to agree with all the previous commenters. That was absolutely amazing and mesmerizing. The Rain Song has always been one of my favorite LZ songs, but I didn't realize just how incredibly cool the guitar part is solo. I happily watched your whole video, smiling as familiar bits came up, and smiling even bigger when you nailed them. That was some seriously fine guitar playing and I am totally blown away. I'm even having a hard time coming up with a coherent and articulate response because my head is mostly going "Oh. My. God. That was soooooo awesome."

Suzi

rdaltry

Thu May 17, 2012 11:44 am

excellent beaker! was this song terribly difficult to learn? 8-)
you should give pinball wizard a try.... ;-)
rd

tvarga

Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

After picking up my jaw off the ground ... all I can say is wow!
That was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. I'd certainly welcome more of that!! :)

beaker

Thu May 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello folks,
dTaylor, Bob, Pierre, Al, MJ, Buddy, Willem, Marc, Tony, Tom,
Thank You very much for your comments and viewings. They really give me a boost. I have been impressed by so many of your videos, it makes me glad to find that you have enjoyed mine. I appreciate you taking the time to view my video and appreciate it even more to have you comment on it!
Jay, yes, you have the ability to play this song for sure. Give it a shot!
Mark, No, I don't do any other songs in this tuning, the closest is Neil's new lesson on Horses by J Fahey (open C).... I am working on it.
Suzi, You are great and hilarious, thanks!
Rdaltry, You'd be surprised. Much of this song is easier than you'd think, (the tuning makes it sound cool), There are a couple of tricky bits, but they can be worked through. Give it a shot for sure!

Thanks again,
Keep on strumming, everyone! I know you are because slowly but surely we all are picking up skills. Beaker.

Zep Rules! Heh Heh

MarkM

Thu May 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Beaker,

Wow!! I've been waiting/hoping for a lesson on this song as it's one of my favorites as well. Excellent job and very inspirational too. You pretty much nailed this one. Thanks for sharing this. I've got to go listen to this again.

MarkM

RicksPick

Fri May 18, 2012 6:45 pm

WoW loved it
You rearly got this going

RicksPick

thereshopeyet

Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Hey Beaker

That's amazing .... what I've heard of it.... very relaxed.
My connection has been playing up all day.

I like Led Zeppelin so will check back tomorrow for more

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic