Sonny Chillingworth Kimo's Slack key by RicksPick

RicksPick

Sun May 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Ok I tried to get this in one take
Ah silly me
So many distractions on a sunday night
Mainly my 2 dogs, guess they had got tired of the tune after the last couple of weeks lol
I even managed to get a reference to the late great Tommy Cooper, "Just like that"
I thought I would put it up any way, all the parts are there

Any Tips??
Rick

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Ok here's one without distractions

Lavallee

Sun May 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Rick, You are moving along quite well on the song. The double pull-offs (sounds like that as I am not familiar with the song) sounds in time and your bass line is pretty much on time throughout. I think this is the most challenging song you have posted and you are doing very well with it.

I like the Shrinner's hat, a new acquisition?

Very enjoyable video

Marc

jayswett

Sun May 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I agree with Marc that the song looks challenging. After those initial missteps, you nailed it. I enjoyed that.

BobR

Sun May 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Rick,

I was not familiar with this tune so after listening to yours I checked out Neil's play through and then listened to yours again. After your initial distractions I think you did a fine job.

Bob

Craig

Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Nice job Rick! I looked at this song awhile back. It's much tougher than it might appear on the surface. I think you are doing a really good job keeping everything steady. Keep up the good work!

Craig

RicksPick

Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks Marc,Its a double hammer on,
O yes a new hat, always searching for a new one

Thanks Jay, the beggining is the hard part for me cos I learnt it wrong the first time, not untill reviewing Neils lesson did I realize that I had it in straight time.

Many thanks Bob, just to many things going on here most of the time.

Craig thanks for the encoragement will do .

RicksPick

AcousticAl

Mon May 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Loved it, Rick! I can totally see you playing that on your front porch, with a frosty beverage nearby.
I also like that you don't take yourself too seriously.

I agree that it does look quite challenging, so kudos for getting it to where you have it now.

Advice from me?
Don't wear that hat out in public.

RicksPick

Mon May 21, 2012 2:18 pm

LOL thanks Al
Sound advice, but dont worry the wife has told me the same
Im the last one to be serious

RicksPick

buddy

Mon May 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Rick, I have been missing those great hats you wear. You have this tune really far along and seems like a tough one. From one dog lover to another, good job dawg !

Bud

suziko

Mon May 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Gosh, Rick, that sounded really nice!! Made me want to bust out a grass skirt and coconut bikini top! That song looks really quite tricky, with all those slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs. But you seemed really at ease with. Must have been the magic of the hat :)

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic