Led Zeppelin Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by abiliog

tovo

Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 pm

In a word Abilio, sensational. You were so very clean and confident with that tune, which involved a lot of movement around the fretboard. Clearly a lot of work put in and the reward is there for you. Certainly I haven't heard better from you and I always enjoy your posts. Bravo mate.

thereshopeyet

Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Abilio that's some learning.... great sound from that guitar.

I liked both your right and left hand work.

It's a great tune too well worth your hard work.

Can't wait to see that F........ :S chord next time round!

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Abilio, that was really impressive ... how long have you been working at this ?

I would probably have to put in more than a year of practice, playing it on and off, to do it with some fluidity.

And I think that there's a strong hint of Latin sensibility in your playing ... well felt, my friend !

Pierre

MarkM

Tue May 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Abilio that was such fun to watch. Congrats on this perfromance. I've toyed with this song for a long time just keep getting frustrated. You made this look pretty easy. Awesome job!!!

MarkM

abiliog

Wed May 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Beaker - Now you put a big smile on my face. So the best part was when I finished, hein? :laugh: I'm just kidding...
Thanks a lot for watching and to leave such a nice comment.

Marc - I totally agree with you, the strumming section needs a strong feel and that is achievable playing with an invisible pick. The problem is I have a long way to go to play it and make it sound good at the same time :) but with a little more practice I will get there. :)
Thanks for leaving your comment and advice Marc, very appreciated.

Jay - Jay, Romanza is such a tough piece to play and I'm sure you nail it.
It is still part off my weekly schedule practice routine since then and I am still trying to improve it.
Thanks for stopping by and leave such kind words.

Craig - Craig, get the change to the interlude right, was the most dificult part for me. :S
Thanks for your kind words and now let's play along :)

AcousticAl - Al, oh yes it is a fun song to play. Shake that song and don't let the dust sleep on it. :silly:
Thanks for watching and leave a nice comment as well.

Rick - Rick, I'm learning and loving it. I'm glad you like this one and thanks for encourage me.

Dennis - Thank you Dennis for watching and leaving a comment. I'm very glad you take some time to watch and comment as well.

Bud - Thank you very much Bud. Really appreciate you comment and encouragement.

Suzi - I'm glad you like it Suzi. Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment.

Tony - Thanks for you supportive comment Tony, really appreciated. I've play it a gazillion times "but there's a hunger still unsatisfied". Oh, this is Pink Floyd, I will leave it to the other thread...
When could we see your Koa again?

Dermot - That Fmaj7 chord... Sounds good but looks so ugly. :ohmy: Just don't want to meet him again in the near future. :huh: I'm very glad you take the time to watch and comment about it. Thanks a lot.

Pierre - Hi Pierre, I've been practicing this one for a long time. To be honest, I forgot how long :laugh: Play it, got tired and leave it on the closet, then get back again and try it for another few weeks to leave it again till the next time. Since last year at least B)
Latin sensibility? I guess we all have it the same way, latin just use a different word to express it.
Thank you so much Pierre for taking the time to leave such kind words.

Mark - Mark, thanks for watching and leave such a nice comment about it. It seems the camera was able to dissimulate my dificulties on the song. :)

Abilio

rapsidy

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello Abilog

Its great to see someone as accomplished as yourself come on here and still be eager to learn and improve and share B)

now to my novice eyes it doesnt look like you need to improve lol your already great :)

thanks for the inspiration

oh to be able to play like that one day :angry:

Brad

buddy

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Abilio, Very well done and well performed. You really nailed that tough bridge on this tune which I found to be the most difficult part of this tune. Keep playing my friend as it is a joy to listen to you.

Bud

abiliog

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 am

Brad - Thanks for the nice words. I think I begin to love my Kodak Zi8 which is able to hide some of my guitar weaknesses. B)
Thanks for leaving such a nice comment Brad.

Bud - Yeap, the transition from the strumming part to the bridge was the most time consuming to learn and still is shaky.
Thanks for your support Bud, really appreciated.

Abilio

mbleier

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Abilio,
Nice job, I really enjoyed that. That transition at the bridge is such a challenge and you breezed right through it. I love playing this one and you inspire me to want to make it sound cleaner and better and I look forward to trying to play along with you. Thanks for the great performance.

Mike

tombo1230

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Nice work Abilio,

sorry I'm late to this post loved what you did here, very smooth playing. You chewed this one up and spat it out (in a manner of speaking) :)

I always enjoy your playing.

Great job!

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic