Led Zeppelin Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by abiliog

abiliog

Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 pm

It's been a while since my last upload, so I guess it's about time to show some learning. I chose this one because it's such a fun song to play, though I got one issue with it.
I just can't play the Fmaj7, wrapping around with my left thumb on the low E, muting the high strings. So I play the F instead Fmaj7 on measure 48 (strumming part after the interlude). It's seems ok but Fmaj7 sounds better, no doubt about it.
Metronome is not my best friend but I guess I must practice with that tik tok to keep a constant rhythm through the whole song. :)
Abilio

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

beaker

Sun May 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Abiliog, Wow, great job! You really dialed that one in. I had my guitar in hand and jammed along with you. Particularly impressed with how you finished it. While I was watching, I was wondering what you would do with the end, and that was the best part! Beaker.

Lavallee

Sun May 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Very well played Abilio, the melody was constant,I noticed that you took some liberty with the melody at the end, very good.

The bridge transition was very smooth and the final section was excellent. If anything I would suggest to play the invisible pick to give a bit more punch to the strum sections.

Good to see another video from you, you seem to have way more confidence in your playing.

Marc

jayswett

Sun May 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Wow. That was awesome. Better, even, than your video Romanza, which I've been trying to emlulate for some time now. Well done. The ending clinches a great performance.

Craig

Mon May 21, 2012 12:09 am

Abilio,
That was GREAT! Way to go. Very well played. You were smooth through the interlude. I learned this one a long time ago. I think I will play along with you for the next few days if you don't mind!

Craig

AcousticAl

Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Great job Abilio!

You reminded me how fun this song is to play as well.
Time for me to dust it off as well!

Thanks for sharing!

RicksPick

Mon May 21, 2012 2:14 pm

WOW that was some deft finger work
Nicely done, now that is some learning Abilio

RicksPick

dennisg

Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Wow, that was really nice, Abilio. Congratulations on learning this very tough tune.

buddy

Mon May 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Abiliog, What a pleasure to watch you play this tune. Nice job all around and really well done on the bridge that has such a tough little run to it.

Bud

suziko

Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Abilio,

I really enjoyed listening to that! You played it very well and I loved the different feels of the various parts of the song. Great job!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic