Dave Matthews Stay or Leave by beaker

sbutler

Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 am

Wow, you sure make that look really easy. I know my skills, and I know it wouldn't be easy for me.

Great job, that sounds fantastic.

Scott

abiliog

Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Beaker,
I had never heard this song before, so thanks for introduce me to this great tune.
You have an amazing skills to play the bass notes at such speed.
Fantastic,
Abilio

buddy

Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Beaker, Fantastic playing ! I also like how you lost yourself in this tune. Thanks for the explanation on the chords as well, always good to learn something new.

Bud

suziko

Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Beaker,

That was very cool! I'd never heard that song before, so I listened to the original that you posted and I reckon yours sounds just as good as his. I'm impressed that you restrung your guitar for this tuning. I'm so incredibly lazy about alternate tunings (even though I like them!) that even putting my guitar in drop D can sometimes feel like a hassle. I really should get over that because alternate tunings can sound really cool.

Suzi

dtaylor

Tue May 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Hell yeah

AcousticAl

Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

You play it like you wrote it.

Excellent all round.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 pm

hey beaker, that takes real dedication ! I don't know that many of DM's tunes, it's good to discover this one.
Your playing was impressive, and the added videos are very insightful.

Thanks,
Pierre

beaker

Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

Tony, Craig, Michelle, Tom N, Bob, Scott, Abilio, Buddy, Suzi, dtaylor, Al & Pierre,
Thanks a lot for watching my video, I am glad that you liked it. The song is so much fun to play, switching strings and doing the tuning is definitely worth it for this one. Thank you all for your great comments.
Willem - Yes, if you have a 2nd guitar part we can collaborate, but you have to handle the tech side. I don't know how to do multitrack. Let's Rock!
There's Hope Yet - You can play this song! my best guess is that if Neil had this song on TG, it'd be a level 4 or maybe 5. It's mostly pretty standard left hand chord shapes, & the You tube video of Dave Matthews makes a great Play along.

Thanks again all! I hope your playing is going well, Beaker.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Beaker, sorry to be late I could not see any videos this week. Really enjoyed your playing here (as with all your other videos) , that sliding note is very well timed and that bass line is excellent. Good rhythm changes, all as good as the original. Regarding the tuning , am I reading correctly that you have the smallest string in the second position?

Marc

beaker

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 am

Marc, Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you like this song. Regarding the 2nd string, yes, you read correctly. The 2nd string is a smaller gauge than the 1st sting. This is a very unusual tuning! Did you check out the video attached in which Dave Matthews guitar technician goes over his guitars? In it he explains this tuning. That is where I got the information regarding this. Thanks again, Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic