Paul Simon Slip Slidin' Away by MarkM

MarkM

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 pm

OK back from a little fishing trip and some thanks are appropriate.

Craig - Thanks!! Let your middle finger do the work on the hammeron and just let your strumming hand stay in time. You'll be fine.

Chris - I'm really happy you liked it Chris. As always thanks for your support!!

Bob - Ha!! No no paint on my guitar! I may look like a bum but my hands were clean.......

Beaker - Thank you very much. Glad you liked it. It is a great song.

Abilio - Nice. Keep those feet tapping. This song will do that to you. Thanks for the kind words.

Tony - Thank you sir!! I'm not sure about smooth but I try. Hope all is well with you.

Bud - As always thank you for your comments!! I'm glad you liked it and thanks on the house.

Suzi - You would do a great job with this song I'm sure. Very easy to play and sing. Well the singing is in the ear of the beholder. It was fun to do another song. Thanks you very much for the compliments.

Willem - You make me laugh!! Yeah I was trying to work out the vocals as I was rolling on the paint. You got me there. Thanks for watching!!

Jason - Yeah the prep work is a B*^$H for sure. Thanks for the nice words!!

Tom - Thank you!! Well the tight lines weren't so tight this trip but it was fun anyway.

Al - Thank you so much for the kind words. You crack me up Al. I hope we get together again soon. I may have to invite everyone to GA this year for some playing.

Pete - Thanks Pete!! Life's been crazy here. Once I get in the new house I'll give ya a ring.

Dennis - As always pal, I really appreciate your comments. I'm glad you liked it.

RicksPick - Well you certainly put a smile on my face with those comments. Thanks a bunch!! You can certainly play this song.

Pierre - Ha!! The "fishies" didn't cooperate all that well on this trip but the Tequila did!!! I'm glad you liked this one!! Thanks for the nice comments.

Bill - What I'm not supposed to inhail the fumes???? Damn............ Thank you for the kind words as always Bill.

Marc - I'll put it bluntly. Painting sucks!!!! Yet is has to be done. Thank you very much for the comments. I hope all is well in the Great White North.

Thanks again everyone!!!

MarkM

michelew

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Mark that was GREAT! I really enjoyed it. I'm tempted to give it a go too. You've go a fabulous swing-ish feeling going in this and I really liked your singing. Damn man you really are getting better every time you post. Are you taking lessons or is it just a improving by doing thing? Well whatever it is keep it up, it's really working for you. Your playing is wonderful as it always is.

Great!

Shel

rapsidy

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Mark

strumming as even as ever i use your vids for songs im trying to learn they are a great teaching tool where i can pause go back freely unlike the silly streaming lessons here.

Thats the best singing you have down and can clearly hear you are improving, i really enjoyed it, just had a few pitch? issues around the slip sliding AWAY bit not that im an expert as you know :)

top job

Brad

mbleier

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Very solid. I have been away from the site for a while and getting to hear great performances of lots of classic tunes is such a reward for being a part of this site. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

AcousticAl

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 pm

I took Mark's original upload and did a 'phantom collaboration'
You'll find it in the collaborations forum...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic