Paul Simon Slip Slidin' Away by MarkM

MarkM

Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 am

I too had issues with the busking channel last night and this morning. That is why I uploaded to this channel.

I was painting the new house all weekend and when I returned to the old house I figured I needed some alone time with the guitar. Hence the disheveled look I've got going here. I had been messing around with this song for a few days up to this point. I forget how many great songs Paul Simon has out there. As usual the vocals are poor. I was imagining Al singing this song as I was playing it thinking that he woudl do a great job. As always I welcome your comments.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Craig

Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 am

Hey Mark,
Very enjoyable! Nice job staying steady on the strumming. It may sound dumb but when there are chords that require movement of the middle finger on my left hand, my right hand timing can get thrown off. ... I agree that Al does a wonderful job singing, however, I disagree that yours is poor. I think you did a very respectable job on this. Good post all the way around!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 am

I really liked that Mark, you a great groove going and your singing is improving song for song for sure!
Great choice of song... and I could hear Al singing that too, that would be right in his wheelhouse and dead cert for his ability to mimic PS voice. Nice job!

BobR

Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Mark,

Really nice job all around.

I hope you didn't get any paint on your Taylor :laugh:

Bob

beaker

Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 am

Mark, Excellent job on Slip Slidin' Away. I thought both your playing and vocals were great. Beaker.

abiliog

Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Mark,
Wonderful playing and good singing also.
I'm still tapping my foot :) ,
Very enjoyable,
Abilio

tovo

Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Very nice. A great example of smoooooth strumming. The vocals? No doubt Al would do a great job of this. So would Paul Simon. Yours were far from poor. In all honesty I thought your vocals were very credible on this. I see (hear) a lot of improvement in your singing.

Kudos Mark.

buddy

Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Mark, Congrats on the new house. This was really pleasure to watch and listen to. I know I said this before, but your playing and singing has really come so far along. All your hard work has really payed off.

Bud

suziko

Tue May 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Great to see a new vid from you, Mark! You've inspired me to have a go at this song. It's certainly one i've always liked. I agree with Tony- I think your vocals here sound quite good and I can really hear progress in your singing since you first began!

Suzi

willem

Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

What were you thinkin or maybe singin when you were painting,,maybe slip slidin,,slip slidin,,,slip slidin,,always nice when you work and sing...

I think you did a nice job with this song..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic