Paul Simon Slip Slidin' Away by MarkM

Music Junkie

Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Mark:

Glad to hear you got to slip away from painting for a bit to get some playing in. Painting in and of itself is not a bad gig. If I did not have to prep and then clean up, I could do it all day long..... :woohoo:

As with most of us, you are much too hard on yourself. The playing, as usual, was solid and very enjoyable. The singing was very good as well. Much better than you give yourself credit for.... ;)

Congrats on the new home, and also on another solid post.

Cheers!

Jason

MarkM

Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks everyone. I wish I had time to get to all your comments. I'm off to do a little fly fishing and guitar playing for the rest of the week. I'll get back to you all next week. Have a great week everyone!!

MarkM

tombo1230

Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

MarkM wrote:
Thanks everyone. I wish I had time to get to all your comments. I'm off to do a little fly fishing and guitar playing for the rest of the week. I'll get back to you all next week. Have a great week everyone!!

MarkM
Nice job Mark. Well strummed and best vocal to date.

As we say in Scotland and the UK in general.........Tight lines! meaning good luck with the fly fishing. B)

Tom N.

AcousticAl

Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Mark!

Let me start by saying that I loved this upload. I agree with others that have said it's your best to date.
You seem relaxed and calm, and your vocals and performance in general reflect that. Just really enjoyable.

And thanks for the compliment on my singing. But I've also done the same with you.. Meaning I've tried strumming a tough song and thought "I bet Mark would be all over this tune!".

Thing is that I think my strumming is improving. And I KNOW your singing is improving.
So by the time we get together again, we'll both be full-package singer/guitarists!!

So you keep on singin' and strummin' and I'll keep on strummin' and singin'!

:)

pbraun

Wed May 30, 2012 4:30 am

Great vid Mark, congrats on the new house! Enjoy your fishing trip
Pete

dennisg

Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 am

Not sure what the hell you're talking about, Mark. That's one of the best singing performances you've given us. And your strumming, as always, is textbook perfect.

RicksPick

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Mark Im sorry
But I must take you to task
Poor vocals you say
Poppycock
You are better than you give yourself credit for
I wanted to coment but had to wait till you finished cos it was good

Sat here impressed
Hoping someday to be that good

Well done Sir

RicksPick

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Mark, it's cool that you shared a bit of context about the time you recorded this. I've been hooked on this tune from the start.

Slip-Slidin' is such a wistful song. I guess painting all weekend makes anyone feel wistful ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg in a big move like you made.
So it's clearly a good time to perform this tune. I tried a bit of harmonica along with you, by the way. A very fun video.

Since you're working hard on your house, just a reminder: watch your fingers, wear gloves. We want you to keep posting.

Hopefully the fishies were on time for your appointment. :silly:

Pierre

haoli25

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:14 am

MarkM wrote:
.... "As usual the vocals are poor."...........

MarkM

You gotta watch inhaling those paint fumes, my friend. :) :silly: :) I was humming right along with you. I really enjoyed your performance, Mark. Thanks for sharing it.

Bill

Lavallee

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Mark sorry to be late , I could not see any videos this week. Your playing was excellent as you normally do and the signing was better than ever. You are gaining confidence in your signing as you try to go higher and lower than your comfort zone, with very good results.

Don't we love painting,

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic