Bob Dylan by thereshopeyet

tombo1230

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Dermot,
I just watched through your video again and noticed you are watching your chart on the rh side of you, then your watching your fingers as you change chords on your lh side. Add the base note and you already have three things going on, four if you count the strum pattern. As I see it you could do away with the head turn by a} not looking at the fretboard and learn to change the chords without turning to look, or b)move the chart to your rh side so that you can see the fretboard and the written chord progression at the same time. {If you really have to). Either way the head turn is in the way. The chord changes or looking at your fingers is stopping you. It is a bad habit you need to break. The chord changes need to just happen automatically. The left and right hands need to do their own thing independently from each other.

I would suggest if you get the chord changes down for say.......... the first four changes and just practice cycling them, these should get smooth quickly. In this four chord practice don't use the chart and try very hard not to watch all of your fingers locating their frets, this should help.

As Vanessa says, it is just a chord progression, it becomes a song when you add the melody by singing. Otherwise it doesn't sound like much. :)

My two pence worth.

Keep on strumming.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 am

Tom

Thanks

heyjoe

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 am

Sure Dermot, I'll say no more.

Have fun! :)

thereshopeyet wrote: