James Taylor Something In The Way She Moves by coclimber

coclimber

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 am

My first upload, despite having been on this site since nearly its inception. I like this "take" ok, though there are a few things I'm not all that pleased with -- in both the playing and the singing. Nonetheless, its gives, I hope, a genuine flavor of how I play this song and plenty I'm sure for Neil to comment on.

Thanks for watching. :)

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:41 am

Hey Climber,,,I enjoyed that pretty much (well I'm a JT fan)..I liked the laidback performence and the ease you did this,I really think that I will watch your upload many times in futher,,also glad you sang it and just fine...when I watch JT I am alway's impressed by his ease on the transtions and that I saw you doing it too...

you can be proud,,did you learn it here or did you had a bit knowledge on the song before it was released here..?

I really hope to see more uploads from you...were you working on??

Gee man really good..

Willem..

jayswett

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:45 am

Very impressive rendition of a great song. Nicely done.

Lavallee

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:16 am

Very nice video, I like your variation of strumming and you seem to have a voice in the same intonations as JT.

Congrats on your first post, great achievment

Marc

BobR

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

Very nice first post indeed. :)

I thought you played and sang that very well.

Bob

coclimber

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks to all, it feels very nice to hear such positive feedback... no question I felt some apprehension uploading the video. So, thank you for watching and for the encouraging words! :)

Willem:
Thank you as well for your kind words. To answer your questions: I learned that song here, though I think as I've worked on singing it while playing, I've lost some of the different embellishments JT plays. So, it probably varies a bit from the lesson as layed out by Neil. I tend to find a strumming/picking pattern that works for my ear and use it every time, instead of doing small variations each time through a verse, etc. Anyway, I suppose more freestyle playing comes as one gets more and more comfortable with a song.

As to what else I'm working on -- many things! Though, I also play JT's Fire And Rain and Sweet Baby James. I may record and upload those soon.

pbraun

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Climber nice job on a great song. Thanks for the chance to view and listen. Looking forward to more from you
Pete

jimcjimc

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Great post! Good job on the singing and the playing!

willem

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 pm

coclimber wrote:
Thanks to all, it feels very nice to hear such positive feedback... no question I felt some apprehension uploading the video. So, thank you for watching and for the encouraging words! :)

Willem:
Thank you as well for your kind words. To answer your questions: I learned that song here, though I think as I've worked on singing it while playing, I've lost some of the different embellishments JT plays. So, it probably varies a bit from the lesson as layed out by Neil. I tend to find a strumming/picking pattern that works for my ear and use it every time, instead of doing small variations each time through a verse, etc. Anyway, I suppose more freestyle playing comes as one gets more and more comfortable with a song.

As to what else I'm working on -- many things! Though, I also play JT's Fire And Rain and Sweet Baby James. I may record and upload those soon.

freestyle away,,,don't be a copy,,,it is just great to be free and do your own thing and the song stays the song...luve it a..can't wait till you do the other ones..

Willem

dennisg

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Co,

You really do a lot of things very nicely in this song. Your playing is smooth, unhurried, and sticks to the tempo nicely. And your singing seems really suited to this song. The only suggestions I'd offer are technical ones: most of us here really like to see the faces of the people who play on these videos, especially when they sing; and I'd love to hear this (and any future) video with better sound quality. There's a lot of ambient hiss that's probably coming from the camera mechanism, and the low-quality internal mic on the camera is distorting and muddying up the bass notes. But you can be really proud of your performance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic