pink floyd wish you were here by rapsidy

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:14 am

Well a few things to consider:

1 Brad asked for info on how the song goes.
2 The bit that I was talking about, there is no singing in there......besides Brad is doing GREAT singing and playing all together! ;)
3 Adding a measure for whatever reason or change it up a bit is.......well do whatever you want to do, but starting the little bassrun on the third instead of the second beat, well that gives you a measure of five beats???! :dry: :)

cheers!

Ness

AndyT wrote:
I do take issue with Ness though... Not that what you said was incorrect, I just think that it's ok to play a song differently than the original. Especially with my singing voice! LOL I often arrange songs a bit differently to make them easier for me to sing or play.

michelew

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:16 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence Shel!! :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread Brad! :side:

michelew wrote:
AndyT wrote:
You did just fine. Keep at it. I think Dennis has you scheduled for an open mic sometime soon...

I do take issue with Ness though... Not that what you said was incorrect, I just think that it's ok to play a song differently than the original. Especially with my singing voice! LOL I often arrange songs a bit differently to make them easier for me to sing or play.
You've got to be kidding me Andy!! :S After also commenting on Brad's progress, Ness volunteered advice using her vast experience and Pink Floyd knowlegdge to show how it can be improved. People don't normally add a bar and a half. 1/2 a bar catches your ear. Ness is pointing out how to change the timing slightly to make it smoother and flow.

Sure, I agree that it doesn't have to be the same as any version in particular. I don't believe Ness is saying that either. But, Ness has also provided an example of how it could be played differently from the album, which Brad can use to play against if he wants to.

I think Brad has done a great job and if he works on the thoughtful advice the Marc, Ness and others have given him then it will only get better.

My 2 cents... Feel free to have a go at me, but I think you've misunderstood something here. Brad is the only one who knows how useful the advice is to him.

Michele

rapsidy

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 am

I have left the thread too long to reply to everyone individually but just want to thank everyone for their comments it has been a real boost. Its great that there is improvement and people notice it :)

Ness, Andy michelle play nicely now :blink: :P

Ness you know i always listen to your advice and its much appreciated and thanks for the help on this song i will put it into practice

Andy I agree with what you said about songs being played not exactly to the record and doing your own version

Misunderstandings happen all the time we need to learn the art of letting things slide, excuse others mistakes ;)

OK EVERYONE I WANT A BIG TG GROUP HUG :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :lol: :lol: :blink: B)

mbleier

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Brad,

Nice work! I have been trying to listen to this one but I keep getting pulled away once I have started it. I thought the singing and playing were great. I am not 100% but it sounded like maybe in the final verse you let you singing get locked in a little to much with the guitar and not following the melody. I know that is something I struggle with. I have always struggled with playing and singing that final verse. Also, the first solo is pretty doable especially the first half that doesn't have the bends. When I play my nylon string and the bends just aren't doable I just play that first half twice. Anyways, great job!

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic