pink floyd wish you were here by rapsidy

rapsidy

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 am

Havent posted for awhile life gets busy with the things you dont want to do :angry:

I havent been learning many new TG songs lately , trying to improve the ones i have already learnt, nut have been playing around with this one on an off.

any suggestions of what to do where the big solo is??? what should i play, not sure how it ends either

thanks in advance

Brad

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:57 am

The master can be proud of you,,super..

Willem

BobR

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Brad,

I can't compare to your first upload but it seems like your doing this very well. Sure, you need to find the ending but overall sounding good.

Bob

Lavallee

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Very nice playing Brad, quite an improvement on your strumming from the previous ones. You also kept a nice rhythm in the intro , the picked notes were not rushed. Your singing is very good as well. You have a more controlled voice as you are not trying to go too high. Overall, I find this is your best video so far. During the 2 solos, it is the same section as the intro. It is difficult to have a similar ending as it goes with cello and horns. It think it is best to do the intro after the last singing section and end there. You can always do the solo Neil added in the lesson (like in the preview of the lesson) which is not for the faint of heart.

A few things you might want to look into is during the singing part , the D and the Am are getting a little pass of 7th (not really 7th but removing the pinky and putting it back and the index for the Am) starting on the first beat when he lands on them. Also at the end of the same section going from C to Am, you could add a descending bass line (C-B-A) before strumming the Am and going to the G. When doing the D, there is a F# (fat E string, second fret) added to the note which you do with your thumb
Cheers

Marc

tovo

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Very nice playing Brad, quite an improvement on your strumming from the previous ones. Your singing is very good as well. You have a more controlled voice as you are not trying to go too high. Overall, I find this is your best video so far.

Cheers

Marc
\

I agree with Marc 100%. Your best work to date Brad. The improvement in your strum and your accuracy is really significant.

I say keep working on this as it's real close to being spot on.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Nice going Brad.... definitely your best work so far... nice timing and rhythm and singing too. Good post!

rapsidy

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 am

woohoo thanks guys its a nice boost to know your heading in the right direction after all the hard work :)

Marc thankyou for showing those tips to improve it i will add them immediately appreciate it, I will have to revisit neils lesson as i cant remember his solo. thanks for watching, glad you like

Tony= cheers mate ! some songs just seem to "fit" and feel right, appreciate your comments, havent seen a tovo post in awhile look forward to that.

Willem- man you are quick off the mark, i reckon you are first to comment on all my post appreciate the support and encouragement you give everyone. I hope the master is pleased too :)

Chris= always a pleasure to hear your comments.. well not really hear see :P Your honest feedback has a lot of weight with me, so thanks

Bob= thanks you sir, this is my first upload of this song it is encouraging to hear people like it especially after the amount of practice we do

jayswett

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 am

Wow, what progress you have made since your first days on TG. That was an excellent performance. Your sense of confidence in front of the camer is inspiring.

BigBear

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Brad- nice job buddy! Good solid playing and vocals to boot. Like Marc said, the first mini solo comes in at the end of the intro and before the lyrics begin. You play the first 6 notes of the little bass riff starting at G and then go into the solo.

The second, much longer solo, comes after the first two verses and right before the final verse. Most acoustic players omit the long solo because without anyone backing you up it gets tedious and detracts from the flow of the song. Neil does a great job treating it as a shortened chord solo but most of us aren't that talented! LOL!

Anyway, great job and keep 'em coming!!

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:31 am

Nice job Brad, huge progress being made. The intro solo is not as hard as it looks/sounds try it separately at first you'll get it. The other solos well they are a different ball game all together. I have a version somewhere by a YTuber which s great need to dig it out and post it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic