pink floyd wish you were here by rapsidy

abiliog

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:07 am

Brad,
I agree with what everybody else said. Solid and accurate, with a cool singing.
Sometimes it's dificult to see our own progress through time, so its important to hear others opinions.
You already have come a long way since your first videos. Good work brings dividends.
Abilio

MarkM

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Brad,

Very well done indeed. As others have been saying, your progress really is amazing! You may not notice as much but you really are improving by leaps and bounds. Great job. Keep at it and thanks for posting. It's been awhile since we've seen anything from you. The wait was worth it.

MarkM

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Brad, great to see you again and also to see you're doing so well, love the consistent movement in your right hand, especially with the Comfortably Numb-vid (the last one you put up)!

As for how the song goes, one thing I'd like to point out, at the end of the second verse which ends with the words 'cage', you play a measure and a half too much/too long ( :dry: ). At the word 'cage' should be the first beat, the next first beat (of the next measure) is a break and you start the 'intro' again on the second beat of that measure. Same for the end of the third verse. On the record the 'intro' is played twice again and then it kinda fades out.

During liveperformances after the third verse the intro is played twice as well, Gilmour solos/'sings' during the second one, ending on a G for a couple of measures, starts the first measure of the intro agáin and rounds it up with a big fat Em on the first beat of the next measure (with a big upstroke btw). At least this is how he does it on the Pulse-dvd.

Alright, maybe way too much info :S , watch the vid, then maybe you'll see what I mean! :)

Thanks Brad!

Ness

michelew

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey Brad,

It's definitely been too long.

I really enjoyed this. Sure there are a couple of little bits to tidy up, but those in the know have jumped in with great advice as they do. :) you'll have it completely licked in no time.

I liked the feeling you were getting in here; relaxed and a little emotional. Your voice suits this song. And the strumming and picking are working out nicely.

Sorry it's taken me a while to drop by and say 'very cool', well you know how life gets in the way of the other things you want to do...

Nice work, very cool.

Shel

AndyT

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 am

You did just fine. Keep at it. I think Dennis has you scheduled for an open mic sometime soon...

I do take issue with Ness though... Not that what you said was incorrect, I just think that it's ok to play a song differently than the original. Especially with my singing voice! LOL I often arrange songs a bit differently to make them easier for me to sing or play.

michelew

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:38 am

AndyT wrote:
You did just fine. Keep at it. I think Dennis has you scheduled for an open mic sometime soon...

I do take issue with Ness though... Not that what you said was incorrect, I just think that it's ok to play a song differently than the original. Especially with my singing voice! LOL I often arrange songs a bit differently to make them easier for me to sing or play.
You've got to be kidding me Andy!! :S After also commenting on Brad's progress, Ness volunteered advice using her vast experience and Pink Floyd knowlegdge to show how it can be improved. People don't normally add a bar and a half. 1/2 a bar catches your ear. Ness is pointing out how to change the timing slightly to make it smoother and flow.

Sure, I agree that it doesn't have to be the same as any version in particular. I don't believe Ness is saying that either. But, Ness has also provided an example of how it could be played differently from the album, which Brad can use to play against if he wants to.

I think Brad has done a great job and if he works on the thoughtful advice the Marc, Ness and others have given him then it will only get better.

My 2 cents... Feel free to have a go at me, but I think you've misunderstood something here. Brad is the only one who knows how useful the advice is to him.

Michele

AndyT

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

Ok, I was reading too fast for my own good. LOL Sorry. Honestly, I just got some news about an old friend and was not paying enough attention to what I was reading. Ok, so the timing was a bit off. Honestly, I missed it and that sort of thing normally leaps out at me. LOL Sorry Ness.

michelew

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:50 am

Good to hear Andy. I hope the news of your friend was good news not bad.

AndyT

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 am

Thanks. The news wasn't good or bad. Jusr really really unexpected. I haven't seen him in years and just got back in touch.

michelew

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:25 am

Well that's nice I'm sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic