Liliuokalani and I. Aluli Aloha Oe and Pua Mana by nesh16041972

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:26 am

very nice Vanessa... especially the first tune has the feel of Hawaii about it.

dennisg

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am

You know, Ness, even if I got nothing else from TG, I'd probably continue paying my monthly subscription fee just to watch your videos. You make being here fun.

suziko

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Ness,

I apologize for not getting to these videos sooner. Though I almost think I should apologize to myself for missing out on them for so long!! Those were both so sweet and truly fun songs. We've been in a major heat wave here in the mid-west (today the temp is supposed to be around 100F but with such high humidity that it feels even hotter) so these ukelele songs just really hit the spot.

You always make things look so easy, but I am sure you put a lot of time and effort into these songs. You played them both so well and your performance was, as always, a lot of fun to watch! I look forward to hearing Neil's review. I bet you made him proud!

Suzi

BigBear

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Michele: A WOW right back at ya Shel!!! I actually agree, I don't particularly like chordsolos as well, but yeah, it dóes sound really nice on a uke, especially with those kind of songs. Anyway, thanks so much for your sweet comment, made my day again!! :) :cheer: :kiss:

Willem: Haha, yeah Willem I remember you asking/requesting something from Hawaii when I first uploaded a uke-vid, well here was the answer, so I'm very glad that you've enjoyed it, thanks!!! :) :) The long thumbnail, well i'm having nails for almost a year now, so I don't really notice anymore, I mean I'm fine without them, and I'm fine with them, so that's good! ;)

Jim: Aaaaah am particularly pleased with your comment since I do know you play this uke and with others too! Also glad to hear that you know these songs, I guess they're both classics. btw my grandfmother is from indonesian, I have no idea how or why she knew that song as well as she did, but it was so much fun, this old little woman singing her heart out 'until we meet again!', haha :lol: , yeah this is a beautiful memory to me! Thanks Jim, really nice to read your comment!

Bob: Thanks Bob for checking it out and for your always supportive comments! And yeah, you should definitely give this little stringed instrument a go sometime, it's fun! :cheer:

Bigbear: ALOHA Rick!! :) :) And again WOW!!! :cheer: Truly great to read your comment which I of course take as a major compliment, THANK you!!

Beaker: Thanks Beaker!! Haha, I guess it shows :laugh: , I do have fun playing this uke and especially the second song just makes me smile and swing along :woohoo: , thanks again!!!

Craig: :) :) :) :) Imagine who is smiling again, BIG TIME :silly: !! Truly love your never ending support, thanks so much!! :kiss:

Tony: Ooooooooh, well I'm running out of words as well :side: , just another huge smile on my face again :cheer: :cheer: , thank you Tony, I álways truly appreciate it!!

Dermot: Hahaha! Great cartoon Dermot! :laugh: :laugh: Glad that you liked it, thanks!!!

Chris: Thanks Chris!! Yeah, the instrument does call for hawaiian songs, it's indeed really nice to be able to play some of it!

Dennis: :blush: :blush: You're a sweetheart Den!! :kiss:

Suziko: No worries Sue, really great that you dropped by!! :) :) And yes, of course very very glad that you liked the songs, playing, and video all around, it makes it all so worthwhile, thanks so much for your sweet comment!!

Thanks all, you're great!!! :woohoo:

Ness

rapsidy

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:26 am

Hello Ness

Just love the uke

Now if you just wouldnt mind showing me how you play Rise Up eddie vedder for me that would be fabulous B) B) hint hint ;) ;)

great stuff

now who is just sitting around with the singlet on while im over here freezing :angry: (your looking rather fit :) )

Brad

michelew

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:55 am

Hahaha, touchez Brad!!! Thanks for the compliment though! :cheer: :cheer:

But yeah, we had a few weeks of véry nice weather when I recorded that vid, but we're paying for it big time now....it's constantly raining, grey....joke: In the days of Noach and the arc it was called a disaster that it had rained for 40 days and 40 nights, over here it's called, 'summer in Holland'......pfffffffffffff......our summer is your winter......grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....:S :angry: :( :S

Anyway, I digress, thanks for dropping by Brad, always appreciate it and very glad you liked it!!!

I checked out Eddie Vedders 'Rise up', but that one is actually played on a mandoline, is it not? Nice song though, but vocally too low for me, and basically it's a 'campfire song', few chords, little emblishments here and there, mostly a strum all the way through. Indeed, a very nice song, I'm sure you could play it easily! :) :)

Ness

rapsidy wrote:
Hello Ness

Just love the uke

Now if you just wouldnt mind showing me how you play Rise Up eddie vedder for me that would be fabulous B) B) hint hint ;) ;)

great stuff

now who is just sitting around with the singlet on while im over here freezing :angry: (your looking rather fit :) )

Brad

RicksPick

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:14 am

Hello now that was lovelyNESS from you
Makes one want to pick up a uke
Sweet as always

RicksPick

willem

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

Aaaaaah Rick, what a very sweet and kind comment, made me really smile on a veeeeeeeery grey and rainy day in Holland :( :( , thanks so very much!!!! :cheer: :) :cheer: :)

Yeah, I know, at least I can play the guitar and I sure hope you will be able to do so very soon as well, hope you're okay!

Ness

michelew

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
!

I checked out Eddie Vedders 'Rise up', but that one is actually played on a mandoline, is it not? Nice song though, but vocally too low for me, and basically it's a 'campfire song', few chords, little emblishments here and there, mostly a strum all the way through. Indeed, a very nice song, I'm sure you could play it easily! :) :)

Ness

rapsidy wrote:
Hello Ness

Just love the uke

great stuff

Brad
Brad - Ness is right about campfire. Here is. Link at shows two versions of how to play it on the ukulele, basic chords (G, C, D) and embellished. Enjoy!

http://ukulelehunt.com/2008/07/13/eddie ... isechords/

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic