buddy learning GHOSTS THAT WE KNEW guitar lesson

buddy

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:30 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Here is my first shot at the knew Mumford and Sons song that Neil posted up a lesson for. This tune has some real twists to it that I did not expect, but when I heard it I just really loved the sound of it so I thought I would give it a go. I did change some things up a little to try and adapt the sound for a single guitar and singer. I shortened up the instrumental parts and changed up the picking in a few places to try and make it work better without the full band. I did this in one take because I was short on time today so their are a few warts on it.

Also, that stretch up to the 17th fret is a real thumb buster.

Thanks,

Bud

AndyT

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:38 am

Bud,

Sorry man, but you've made a mistake. Those are not warts. They are called 'personal touches' and are what make songs great.
If I wanted to hear a perfect replay of it, I'd get the original, but I'm much more interested in hearing your interpretation of it. Very nice.

buddy

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 am

AndyT wrote:
Bud,

Sorry man, but you've made a mistake. Those are not warts. They are called 'personal touches' and are what make songs great.
If I wanted to hear a perfect replay of it, I'd get the original, but I'm much more interested in hearing your interpretation of it. Very nice.
Thanks Andy !

pbraun

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:23 am

Buddy,
I don't know that song so I haven't watch the lesson yet. But I have to say I thought yours was great. Didn't see any warts either, just a great performance-as always.
Pete

buddy

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks much Pete !

BobR

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Buddy,

I am not too familiar with the song but thought your one take sounded really good.

Bob

mbleier

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Buddy,
Awful and your whole setup seems really amature, but maybe with some practice you will do better :P

No, that was great. You did a great job arranging it to make it suit your purpose and needs. As for your warts, perfection is way over rated and really not natural. We can all hope to get any take as good as your "one" take. That was a beautiful take and when you make your album then you can worry about the minor trivialities B)

Also, I love Mumford and Sons and had not heard this one as I am not great about buying albums these days. Thanks for turning me onto another great song by a great band.

Thanks for sharing with us,

Mike

buddy

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Howdy Bob, Sorry for the delayed response on this but I have been up at the high country ranch for two weeks and just got back. Glad you enjoyed this tune.

Bud

buddy

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:57 pm

mbleier wrote:
Buddy,
Awful and your whole setup seems really amature, but maybe with some practice you will do better :P

No, that was great. You did a great job arranging it to make it suit your purpose and needs. As for your warts, perfection is way over rated and really not natural. We can all hope to get any take as good as your "one" take. That was a beautiful take and when you make your album then you can worry about the minor trivialities B)

Also, I love Mumford and Sons and had not heard this one as I am not great about buying albums these days. Thanks for turning me onto another great song by a great band.

Thanks for sharing with us,

Mike
Howdy Mike, Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of touch in the mountains for two week. You had me laughing with your comments. Thanks for listening and for the comments as well. I have also become a recent fan of Mumford and Sons as they put out some very unique music.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic