>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Treetop Flyer by beaker

tgjameela

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at Stephen Stills Treetop Flyer by beaker.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=943

trix606

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Great job on this beaker. One of my favorite Stills songs. I know there is not a lesson on this here, but watching you and then Neil's review should give me enough to try it.

Btw, I read somewhere that this song made Ray LaMontagne quit his job and become a professional musician.

Thanks for submitting it!

Harry

beaker

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks a million Neil! I'm going to work on your suggestions. You are right, when I saw the video of my playing, I realized I was playing too fast! I'm working on slowing it down. And I can't believe I didn't think of keeping the bass going. When you mention it, it seems obvious. Oh well, I will work on that too. thanks again, Beaker.

beaker

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for your comment Harry. I appreciate it. I heard that story about Ray LaMontange as well, pretty cool. I will also suggest when you are learning this song, to check out You Tube for a version of Stephen Stills Playing it. It might be helpful and it will for sure be inspirational! Good luck!

PS.... also do a forum search for treetop flyer, I asked Neil a question about it in the "ask Neil" section and he gave some tips there as well.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Beaker

Great playing and cool review.....

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic