buddy learning JUST BREATHE guitar lesson

buddy

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I put together a Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedders set together and wanted to round it out with one of his mellower tunes. I really liked thhis tune Just Breathe when I heard it so I put this rendition together. This is a challenging one to play and sing at the same time because of the 8th time rhythm in the finger picking. I played this on my trusty Taylor 314ce and recorded in the great room instead of the barn for a change of scenery.

Thanks to Neil for the great lesson on this tune.

Bud

BobR

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Buddy,

Great song and I think it sounding really good. It sounds like the picking pattern is just a bit different from what I have been trying, maybe an extra bass note? Or it's just me.

Anyway great addition to your set list

Bob

buddy

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:07 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Great song and I think it sounding really good. It sounds like the picking pattern is just a bit different from what I have been trying, maybe an extra bass note? Or it's just me.

Anyway great addition to your set list

Bob
Bob, You have a good ear, I did change this up a bit to bring out the base line a little since it has such a nice base in the studio version. I also changed up some of the transitions to make it easier to sing along with it. Thanks for listening and the comments.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 am

Nice job Buddy... good to hear you singing in the Great Room this time (this way we get a tour of the house) ;-).... and this song grows on me every time I hear it ... not heard it before TG.

tombo1230

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Bud!

Just Breathe has grown on me too. I think it was the very first clip that I saw of Neil on Youtube.

Your voice suits the song very well! As for the playing, you indeed changed it up. You put this video up for review, so what is it that you're looking for?

Ness

tovo

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 am

Hey Bud. i really liked that you made the song your own and it held my interest right through. You have changed it radically in terms of tempo and pattern so although I learned this one from Neil I can't comment really because yours is a very different version. Love your voice for it and thought it was very sound indeed.

buddy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 am

Howdy Chris, glad this one is growing on you, LOL.

buddy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Bud!

Just Breathe has grown on me too. I think it was the very first clip that I saw of Neil on Youtube.

Your voice suits the song very well! As for the playing, you indeed changed it up. You put this video up for review, so what is it that you're looking for?

Ness
Hi Ness, Thanks for the comments. In Neil's lesson he suggested some different ways to play this tune while you sing it. I took those suggestion and expanded on it a little to add some more baseline into the song. in response to your question, I am looking for any input that would help improve what I have tried to do with this tune and that will help move it along.

Thanks, Bud

buddy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:20 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Bud. i really liked that you made the song your own and it held my interest right through. You have changed it radically in terms of tempo and pattern so although I learned this one from Neil I can't comment really because yours is a very different version. Love your voice for it and thought it was very sound indeed.
Howey Tony, Thanks much for the input on this tune. Glad you liked the changes to it as I know it is always risky to tweak the original but this is the direction that the song to me to. Hope all is well with you and yours, Bud

willem

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Buddy,,I take my hat of for you (I don't have any,,so its an air hat) for changing the guitar part I can't remember Neil said something a bout that so that pushed me back to the lesson,,IF there is anything I be a star at it would be changing the melody/singin..lol...but I think you were spot on with that melody and I enjoyed it very much.

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic