Vanessa Noodling around in Double dropped D by nesh16041972

willem

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:55 am

WOW Vanessa,,,you were in the mood.. improvising mood,, I know you love that tuning..for me its a tuning that get direct attension I love it too but never tryed it..

IN the beginning I thought also it was a bit spooky sounding but then I read all the things Michele heard in it and that was treu now I hear it too and have the worms in both ears...

cheeeeeers

Willem

suziko

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 am

Nessa,

That was so beautiful. I have always loved the sound of Double-Dropped D tuning, and your instrumental piece really brings out the haunting, melancholy feel of it. You've inspired me to have a go at some "noodling," though I doubt it'll sound as nice as yours.

Suzi

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Very nice . i've played this back several times now. Great its recorded now maybe you can build it into a full instrumental and maybe even lyrics. My noodling doesn't sound quite like this lol, usually stop and start a lot...

Well done very academic look with the glasses...teacher...

Yamaha48

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:07 am

Hello Vanessa.

Yeh i know,thats a long time a go,that i write you.
Verry good video,i like it.
Its manny levels above my guitar playing.
Thanks for uploading this.

cheers Anton

sws626

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 am

That was lovely, Ness. I too find the double dropped D puts me in a really peaceful mood. Listening to you play was a lot like being led on a journey. Thanks for sharing this with us.

-Stuart

jayswett

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Very nice. Makes me want to get back and work on Going to California again.

tom18

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 am

Dean: Well after uploading I actually regretted it.....I felt pretty insecure to say the least, then your comment came in.....sigh of relief and thrilled by your comment!.....that was really really great to read!!!! Thanks Dean!

Tony: Thanks a lot Tony, glad you liked it!! 'Haunting and engaging', well I love the idea of that :cheer: !The glasses, studious? Haha :laugh: ! Well don't mind to hear that though! (I barely wear them, but I had lost a freaking contact agáin, %@$#%@$@ :angry: !) Thanks again! :)

Chris: Thanks Chris! Hope I didn't spooke you!! :laugh: Just kidding, very pleased that you liked it, I of course kinda know what you mean. I love spooky sounds! That's why I love 'Becareful with that axe Eugene' by Pink Floyd so much, now thát's spooky!! ;) :P

Michele: :blush: :blush: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) (what would I do without emoticons! :woohoo: ) Gosh, that's SOME comment.....not only really really sweet but also very detailed, which is very nice to hear how it comes across and all.....WOW!! You're the sweetest Shel, you never fail to make me smile REALLY big!! Glasses, cute??? Haha, now I can live with thát, thanks!! :laugh: :P :kiss:

Craig: Thanks so much Craig, am glad you liked the mood of it, I obviously liked it too, thanks!!

Scott: Well in general I often lóve soundtracks of beautiful movies, so if I have accomplished sounding a little like one, well that's a great compliment!!!! :cheer: And yeah, it's autumn over here...:(....how is the weather treating you in Alaska nowadays? Thanks so much Scott!

Bob: Thank you very much Bob, for always dropping by and leaving me such kind comments! I can very well live with 'cool' too! B) :P

Pierre: Hi Pierre, always great to read you!! Lyrics......well I am the singing kind of type, so I guess for a change I keep this one as an instrumental, well a 'noodling' one, haha! :laugh: The more you say 'noodling' the funnier it sounds :dry: :P ! Thanks Pierre!

Shel: :) :) :) Yep responding to Neil's request! ;)

Willem: Thanks Willem!! Well yeah, I was in a very improvising mood, I love that. Although whenever I do, in whatever tuning, it's usually not upbeat or up tempo. And like I said to Chris, I love spooky and haunting for that matter. But usually it's just me playing, I actually never look for feedback, I'm too shy (believe it or not)... So this was quite a challenge to upload, although I like what I play myself. However this tuning is so very great to play with, same for DADDAD which I tried when recording 'Suite Judy Blue Eyes' Glad I got you some earworms, haha :P ! Thanks again Willem!!

Suziko: Aaaaaaaah thanks so much Sue! So very glad that you enjoyed it!! Yeah, I so love the sound of this tuning as well. It's the tuning which I used to play 'Iris' (Goo Goo Dolls). It actually also works réally great for 'With or Without You'. Should upload that one some time! Anyway, again truly happy you liked the feel of this!

Chas': Several times? Well that's already a big compliment :cheer: , thanks!!! Academic look?? :laugh: Well......can't hurt right?! Haha! Thanks Chas! :)

Anton: Indeed a long time ago Anton! Hope all is well with you. Thanks for checking out the video and very pleased to hear that you liked it, thanks Anton!

Stuart: Hey you're a bit of a stranger too?! Good to hear from you. A peaceful mood indeed, that's definitely how I experience this kind of playing. Really happy that you liked the journey! :) Thanks Stuart!

Jay: Thanks Jay! Don't know the song, but I hear you, thanks again!

Thanks so very much guys and gals! Gosh, this was some personal challenge :ohmy: ......really really happy that I didn't make an idiot of myself :S ......very much appreciate áll of your comments!!! :cheer: :) :)

Ness

michelew

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:42 pm

BUMP!

Who remembers the fantastic piece by one of our very own composers?

I've listened to it a million times and it never gets old, just better.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic