elton john your song by patg

tombo1230

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Nice work so far Pat as Perre says it is quite musical and you have the chord progression down which is important..

The one thing that I notice is that you are changing chords all at once, i.e. jumping from one whole chord to another whole chord, I think this is killing the notes that should still be ringing from the previous chord as Willem mentioned. With fingerpicking you have to lay down the notes as you need them and take your finger(s) off when you need to move to the next note. So when finger picking you have to lay down the chords in order of the notes you need to play first, which is different from when you are strumming a song and you just jump chords on an up strum. I hope this makes sense?

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Hello Pat

Nice playing.
It's a great song.

Thanks for sharing.

Dermot

Lavallee

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Pat, very nice playing. I did not watch that lesson so I am glad you posted it as it is a nice song. As the others mentioned, the sustaining improvement will make the song more fluid. But other than that it was a nice performance .

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Pat,

Thanks for posting this--
You reminded me that I meant to print it out and learn it but got sidetracked.

Really liked your steady, relaxed pace.

patg

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 am

thanks tom.....yeah i know....and neil says the same thing too. I try to do just that but i've struggled with that as much as the sustain.....and this is as far as i've gotten.....still need to play it a 1000 more times....:-)http://www.totallyguitars.com/component ... ughing.png

tombo1230

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:18 pm

patg wrote:
thanks tom.....yeah i know....and neil says the same thing too. I try to do just that but i've struggled with that as much as the sustain.....and this is as far as i've gotten.....still need to play it a 1000 more times....:-)http://www.totallyguitars.com/component ... ughing.png
Hi Pat,
I haven't seen Neils critique but I'm sure he has given you some great pointers.

I'm sure if you stick with it you will get there pretty soon. Just keep practicing, it will be worth it.

Good luck, I look forward to your next video. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic