John Lennon Watching the Wheels by cosmicmechanic

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey Pierre my friend, great job channelling John Lennon.... I swear you look just like him in this video! Uncanny.
Is that a mini Taylor you are playing?
Good to see and hear!

dtaylor

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi Pierre,
This is one of my favourite Lennon tunes and you did it credit. Your voice is really suited to the mood of the piece.
One observation, which I'm sure Neil will mention, is about the hook: you're not keeping a steady up and down during it and it throws the timing off. It stands out because it's so distinctive. If you worked on the timing of just that I think it would transform the overall effect.
Again well done on the upload, I'm jealous of your voice, I'd love to be able to sing it like you.

Dean

willem

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 am

Aaaaaah Pierre, really really enjoyed that!! :) :cheer:

I agree with Chris, you even look like Lennon! ;) And yes, singingwise the song fits you just great, well done!

As for the guitar, well I took a peek at the intro of Neil's lesson, and yeah, tricky indeed!!!!!! I'll leave the tips and tricks to Neil.

In any way, really great to hear and see you again, thanks for sharing the song with us Pierre!

Ness

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Dennis, you're right, tricky chords ... but I couldn't really understand being able to accomplish them until recently.
As for guitar camp ... right back at ya, my friend.

Chris, yes this is my channeling trance state caught on video.
Sometimes objects levitate when I do this, so I took the precaution of anchoring everything in the background.
The painting is nailed to the wall and the cat knick-knack is firmly weighted down on the shelving, which is glued to the floor.
As you can see, that strategy worked fine.

Yes, this is my Taylor GS Mini ... very happy with it :) My Takamine is jealous of it, but is also quite pleasant to play.
Two nice guitars ... this is the life !

Dean, thanks for your observations ... of course practice makes perfect,
but our self-observation gets kinda muddy without the kind of input we can get here.
I also appreciate (and add a grain of salt to) any constructive comments about my voice.
Good luck with this tune on your end. Maybe we'll see some of it eventually?

Vanessa, glad you enjoyed it. Your own videos are an inspiration to push our limits and put ourselves out there.
Thanks for the encouragement !

Pierre

MarkM

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Pierre,

Oh how I love this song. Been away from TG awhile now but I'm glad I saw this. I really prefer Lennon's acoustic version and I believe you were following that a bit here. I thought your voice was really great on this performance. As others have said, it suits you very well. I've messed arouind with this song on and off for a long time and never quite seem to get it down right. For such a simple song it has so many strumming complexities. I see that Neil has reviewed it so I'll go check that out now. Thanks for posting Pierre. Can you believe John wouuld have been 72 wow. How time flies.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic