Damien Rice Cannonball by dtaylor

dtaylor

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Well I'll take this vid as a chance to say that I think you have a very natural feel for the guitar.....how long have you been playing the guitar Dean? Three years?? It's amazing how far you've come!

I love your hand positioning, your right hand is very consistent rhythmically-wise and your left hand is as it should be. Also I'm definitely a major fan of playing less and dynamics, so I sure agree with Dennis.

I listened to Neil playing this, so I can see room for even more improvement, which I'm sure he will point out. Nonetheless, this was really great to hear and watch (handpositioning), and I loved to hear all notes coming out clean and sustained.

Really well done Dean!

Ness

dtaylor

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks Ness, I feel like I've made good progress but no matter how many goals I make I always feel like I'm never going to get where I want to be. How long will I have to play before I can play that song I learned without flubs, why won't my fingers obey me!!??

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 am

Dean- I've been meaning to check this lesson pack out- and now you've provided me with a HUGE incentive!

Great song, great picking, and what a gorgeous sounding guitar!

Congrats all round!!

MarkM

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Dean that is a mighty fine sounding guitar you have there. The tone is a smooth as butter. Very well played. Your hammerons were very tasteful. You should be proud as that was a fantastic video. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

dtaylor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Mark , thanks for the encouragement :)

Al, would love to hear you tackle a DR song, you've got the range and subtlety for the singing and the playing wouldn't be a problem for you.

BobR

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Dean,

I don't know much about Damien Rice, but I do know what I like and I really enjoyed your performance.

Very nicely done.

Bob

Craig

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Wow Dean, beautifully played. As Dennis has pointed out, your picking is exceptional. Congrats on your efforts here.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic