Extreme by jayswett

buddy

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Jay, Nice to see you recording again. I can't add much to what was already said, Really nice playing and tempo.

Bud

michelew

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm

It's great to see you back and posting Jay.

This is no sweat for you, just a jog through the park. But, I know there are spots in there that are tricky (at lest for me). I agree with slowing it down a little.

I've started relearning it in the hope I can get past the things that pulled me up last time. You've made it look so easy that I'm determined to get it all together this time.

Thanks of rather inspiration.

Michele

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Nicely done, Jay.

When that song was popular I attended a day-long summer music festival, and Extreme was the 2nd act, only known in my area for "More than Words". What a surprise to see the cutesie-love-song balladeers screeching to high heaven while making borderline obscene gestures for the whole duration of their set ... I still can't believe the complete disconnect between "More than Words" and the rest of their material.

The memory of that show, way back, kinda burnt out this tune for me.
But thanks for bringing it back to daylight, it is a pretty song and you play it pretty darn well.

I would encourage you to add vocals to it, that might even cure me of my trauma :blink: regarding this song.

Pierre

Hydroman52

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Jay,

That was very good. Thanks for posting,

Hydroman52

BobR

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Jay

Nice to see another post from you. As Mark said a good one for your open mic.

Bob

RicksPick

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 am

Nicely done Jay
and nice to see you as always
Wow this one has slipped under my radar
must put it back on the list.
Anyway sounding good and fluid

RicksPick

jayswett

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 am

Well I LOVE ballads done by rock, metal whatever bands! :cheer:

And I've always really liked this song! And I think you've done well for getting the playing down. Besides the tempo, which is indeed a bit too fast (at least compared to the original), I'd say, approach those tabs more 'agressively' B).

As for the singing, well it's a bit high for a male....I can imagine if you'd pass on this one. :P

Well done Jay!

Ness

tovo

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:

As for the singing, well it's a bit high for a male....I can imagine if you'd pass on this one. :P
Hey c'mon Ness....at least ONE guy sang it! :P Take the challenge Jay! :)

tovo

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Very true, GO JAY!! :cheer: :P

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Hey c'mon Ness....at least ONE guy sang it! :P Take the challenge Jay! :)

dennisg

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Jay, although I've very much missed seeing your videos (and your posts in general), this upload made the wait totally worthwhile. Regardless of whether or not it was a little fast, the important thing is that it stayed on the tempo you set for it, which is always true of your songs. I honestly couldn't care less if you decide to play it at a different tempo than the original.

I've always really admired both your playing and your ambition, and this song is a great representative of both of those qualities. Great job! The biggest compliment I can give you is to say that watching you play this song makes me want to learn it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic