Sorry blues by willem

MarkM

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Willem,

I really enjoyed that. You've got the blues my friend. I agree, another few hundred times and you'll be doing this in your sleep. Hey is that a new guitar? Looks like you have a cedar or redwood top on that thing. What ever it is you are making some sweet sounds with it.

MarkM

willem

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:00 pm

MarkM wrote:
Willem,

I really enjoyed that. You've got the blues my friend. I agree, another few hundred times and you'll be doing this in your sleep. Hey is that a new guitar? Looks like you have a cedar or redwood top on that thing. What ever it is you are making some sweet sounds with it.

MarkM

Talking a bout sweet sound(s) ,,its coming out all your guitars,,

This one is James Neligan all mahogany exept the fretboard

thx Mark

cosmicmechanic

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Nice to see this, Willem. It makes me want to also have a tune like this in the bag, to open up new possibilities.

You're already well on your way, good for you !

Pierre

buddy

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Willem, Watching you play this brings a big smile to my face. You are well on your way with this tune. You just gotta love the blues if you play guitar !

Bud

Yamaha48

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 am

Hello Willem good to see you with this video.
What can i say more than the other friends.
I like it,play it day by day.

cheers Anton

willem

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am

buddy wrote:
Willem, Watching you play this brings a big smile to my face. You are well on your way with this tune. You just gotta love the blues if you play guitar !

Bud
Thx Buddy,,love to hear some blues from you..

willem

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:15 am

yamaha48 wrote:
Hello Willem good to see you with this video.
What can i say more than the other friends.
I like it,play it day by day.

cheers Anton

Yes Anton,,everyday,,day in,day out,,then I call it ''my wife gets mad blues''

tacticaltal

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 am

Keep practicing, Willem. I'd say the most important thing is "accuracy"; start slow enough to make sure that the base notes are correct, and of course, the melody too. The tempi will arrive, but yes, you do need to concentrate on that.

Keep playing and uploading.

Terry

willem

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 am

tacticaltal wrote:
Keep practicing, Willem. I'd say the most important thing is "accuracy"; start slow enough to make sure that the base notes are correct, and of course, the melody too. The tempi will arrive, but yes, you do need to concentrate on that.

Keep playing and uploading.

Terry

Terry,your absolute right with your pointers and I know,,,most of the time I practice it very slow,like glue on my fingers,,of course is accuracy the importantest thing,,
I try to count all the beats never-the-less(if thats the right word I don't know) there are playing notes or not,, or they should sound longer then an 1/8.

At the end it will work,,I hope

Willem

willem

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Nice to see this, Willem. It makes me want to also have a tune like this in the bag, to open up new possibilities.

You're already well on your way, good for you !

Pierre
Pierre,,well its always great when something that you want is on his way..I am still happy that I learned ''backbird for an example and play it often for fun or warming up,,that thumb movement is so important for fingerpickin so maybe you go and get or start with ''blackbird'',,I have many big wishes in fingerpickin tunes,,

thx for watching..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic