Beatles Here Comes the Sun by jayswett

jayswett

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 am

Here's another upload to make up for lost time. It's far from perfect, but happily, I've gotten over the impulse of trying again and again to get the perfect take. It's a fool's errand, and many had figured that out before I did. Would love to see more videos from fellow students, and many thanks to dtaylor for reminding me of the value of these. I can already see from this video that at times, I am not alternating the bass properly. Hard to imagine that I can't hear or see that while I am actually playing the song.

willem

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:54 am

You got it Jay,,the only thing I noticed is you did'nt alternate your pickinfingers with notes on the same string(I guess),,and at 1.10 vid time Yeah thats a beast but I bet you do that better without the cam..

great job..nice tune and I should keep it warm for myself too..so long ago..

Willem

edit: I did not noticed your bass finger..well your bass thumb..

pbraun

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 am

Jay nice job, tough enough to strum this one, but to pick it?, great job!
Pete

dtaylor

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 am

Nice work Jay, I'm not sure that the pounding on the same bass note detracts at all, it's still very musical obviously.

I wonder how hard it will be to correct? I imagine if you've practiced this for a long time it'll be a bit like starting again. Maybe Neil will have some specific shortcuts?

Thanks for posting, this is a rite of passage for all fingerpickers on the site, so good to hear your take on it.

Dean

willem

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for the look Jay, keep at it and you'll be fine!

Personally I'd say, make sure the melody-notes ring as long as possible (they're cut off here and there), and work on the right hand. Anchored pinky, thumb and index not forming an X. It's up to you of course.

Thanks for sharing!

Ness

BobR

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Jay,

You said it is far from perfect but It sounded and looked pretty good to me.

Thanks for uploading

bob

tovo

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 pm

What I noticed is that you play it 1000% better than I do! Nice work.

buddy

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Jay, What really impresses me is how far you have come with your finger picking. This is something you should be very proud of my friend.

Bud

tacticaltal

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 am

How long have you been at fingerpicking? I'm just learning this too, and am working on something to upload if I can ever get my audio issues solved.

Anyway, it sounded pretty good to me. I, too, wonder if being on cam hinders our attempts.

Craig

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:41 am

Jay,
I thought this was great. I love it finger picked as opposed to strummed. I am inbetween songs right now, I think you've inspired me to get started on this one!
Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic