Old Crow Medicine/Bob Dylan Wagon Wheel by pbraun

pbraun

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

pbraun

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:39 am

Well it has been along while since I put anything up.A couple of quick updates, we had our 6th Grandchild in Sept. a healthy boy (Wyatt), what a joy! I have finally quit smoking (5 months now), and a clear checkup this week, so cancer free for 2 years. And I am starting a new job on Monday, left my last one after 21 years, hope to be able to retire from this one!
My son was over last week and asked if I had heard this song, can't say I had, but looked it up and tried. Then Yesterday saw Neil put up a lesson don't know where I was?? Anyway here it is, sorry for the poor editing, I can't get the hang of Windows Live yet but I did sync the audio.
BTW, I picked up this guitar a few months ago, certainly not a Gibson, but it is a Epiphone Hummingbird, kinda fun to play.
Pete

dtaylor

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am

Didn't know the song but liked your performance, sounds like you've been playing it for years. That guitar sounds nice and full too :)

Dean

willem

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Pete,,don't know the song like my trouserpocket but I heard it a while back too by someone here on the site,,don't who..

LiKe Dean said it looks like you played it for years but I can imagine how happy you must feel with all the good things that went to you..

It was a joy listen to you,,

thx

Willem

P.s. it looks that I live here,,but thats not true. Only my name is hangin in a sort of way.. lol

jimcjimc

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey Pete,

Nice post. I remember looking at that lesson when it came out. A fun song to play. Thanks for sharing!

Jim

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Rock me mama Pete

You play and sing it well.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Dermot

:cheer:

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Well that song surely brings back great memories! :cheer: Exactly a year ago I was planning my trip to Madison to visit Suzi and this was one of the songs that we and Cori (Lueders) were going to play and record. Suzi came up with the idea of this one and I instantly liked it. Anyway, we sure had a blast playing it together! :woohoo:

In any way, it was a joy to hear and see you sing and play it!!

Since you're uploading this in the review channel I figure that you're looking for feedback? What is it that you're looking for? What are the things you would like to improve?

Also, májor congrats on another grandchild, the being able to not smoke and the clear checkup, all great news!!!! :cheer:

Ness

tombo1230

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:48 pm

pbraun wrote:
Well it has been along while since I put anything up.A couple of quick updates, we had our 6th Grandchild in Sept. a healthy boy (Wyatt), what a joy! I have finally quit smoking (5 months now), and a clear checkup this week, so cancer free for 2 years. And I am starting a new job on Monday, left my last one after 21 years, hope to be able to retire from this one!
My son was over last week and asked if I had heard this song, can't say I had, but looked it up and tried. Then Yesterday saw Neil put up a lesson don't know where I was?? Anyway here it is, sorry for the poor editing, I can't get the hang of Windows Live yet but I did sync the audio.
BTW, I picked up this guitar a few months ago, certainly not a Gibson, but it is a Epiphone Hummingbird, kinda fun to play.
Pete
Hey Pete, you sure rocked that one out!

Glad to hear things are going well for you. All good news by the sounds of it, with new grand kid, quitting smoking, well done on that task! Cancer free. Keep up the good work. New job as well. It looks like you have had a lot to deal with but are through the other side of it. Good luck with the new job! :)

Oh yeh and I enjoyed your performance, you look like you've been playing that tune forever. Neat guitar. B)

Tom N.

BobR

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Pete,

You had that one rockin' Nice job all around. I was going to say it looked like a Gibson. Glad to hear all is well with you, and have fun with the new grandchild.

Bob

jayswett

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Great job on this. This song is a favorite at our open mic, having been played by several different people, and always well received. The only thing I'd suggest is slow it down a bit. Nice job also on giving up the cigarettes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic