Pink Floyd Brain Damage by MarkM

Craig

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:32 am

Mark,
GREAT job! Wow, I thought you nailed it. Your voice is wonderful for this song. I play this great PF song but I find it difficult to play and sing, you made it look so easy. Well done!

Craig

benfield113

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 am

Hi Mark,

That was a really good and powerful performance. I could almost hear the 'chuckling' in the background from the record soundtrack behind you as I listened. Well done!

Andy.

willem

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 am

What a great sounding set up you got there Mark!!! And yeah, I love this song as well! :)

And you played it very well too! You did mix things up a bit in the playing pattern, was that on purpose?

Also singingwise, you're sounding better and better every time. Especially during the verses you're doing very well!

Well done Mark, glad to see you posting again!

Ness

dtaylor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:03 am

Really like your voice on this one, the picking sounded great too. All round excellent performance. Nice audio set-up, great sounds.

michelew

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:02 am

That sounded really great Mark. It's sort of late here and I closed my eyes a few times while listening,...I forgot I was listing to a TG upload. :)

Really fab.

Shel

pbraun

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 am

Wow Mark, I think that was perfect in every way. The sound was just great, good to see you out there. Hope all is well.
Pete
(As far as the politics, I guess we can just hold our breath)

MarkM

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks All!!

Willem - Thank you so much Willem for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tony - Thank you sir!! Hope all is well with you.

Bob - Can you believe I had to pause the damn Pats game after the Rams marched down and scored... Man the defensive backs suck this year. Thanks for watching.

Jay - Yeah the picking was a bit different. Thanks for the kind words.

Pierre - Thanks Pal. I decided to just do picking throughout as it was just me and the guitar.

Chas - Ha. Some day I'll get to an open mic night. Haven't found one yet and I still have to find the courage. Thanks for the comments.

Bud - Thank you! Not sure what the style is yet. Songs I can't screw up maybe.

Tacticaltal - I'm happy you enjoyed this one. Thanks for watching.

Craig - Thank you. Yea I though this would be tougher to sing. Tried it a few times with the recording to get the phrasing as close as I could and just went for it.

Andy - HA!! I could hear the chuckling too. I'm glad you liked it.

Ness - Yes the pattern changes were on purpose. Just trying to break the sound up a bit as it was just me and my guitar. I had seen a video with Roger Waters doing it solo acoustic and pick up some stuff that he was doing. Thanks for watching as always.

dtaylor - Thank you for the nice words!!!

Michelle - Well thank you very much. I'm happy you liked it. Hopefully it didn't give you any nightmares last night...........

Pete - Thanks Pete. It has been a long time since I've posted anything. Its good to be back.

jayswett

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm

michelew wrote:
That sounded really great Mark. It's sort of late here and I closed my eyes a few times while listening,...I forgot I was listing to a TG upload. :)

Really fab.

Shel
Best compliment ever.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

That was just excellent Mark! Well sung sir! This wasn't only just really good.... it was interesting too... your own spin, loved it.

What was that guitar... anew one on my , me thinks?

Too right, how you Amies put up with the months of carp that is supposed to be an election, I do not know... all loonies on the grass if you ask me... them, not you! I think you could open for George Carlin with that song....

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:22 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That was just excellent Mark! Well sung sir! This wasn't only just really good.... it was interesting too... your own spin, loved it.

What was that guitar... anew one on my , me thinks?

Too right, how you Amies put up with the months of carp that is supposed to be an election, I do not know... all loonies on the grass if you ask me... them, not you! I think you could open for George Carlin with that song....

Even if you are not on George Carlin's wavelength on some of his other material, I think a lot of what he says here is objectively true.
After watching this, I think I even feel some cerebral activity between my earlobes. Is that what Swiss chocolate does in large dosages ? Thanks Chris.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Mark ... better than a lobotomy, hopefully :dry:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic