Pink Floyd Brain Damage by MarkM

MarkM

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Chris thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you like this humble little version of the song. Yes I have my front row seat to the freak show. :laugh: :laugh:

I've had this guitar now about 10 months. Its a customer 12 fret Taylor. Very similar to Dennis's. Sinker Redwood top with an edgeburst finish and Cocobolo back and sides. Ebony binding. Its a great little guitar for finger picking and has a temendous amount of volume and tone for such a small body as it's based on the Grand Concert.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Perfect!!

(PM coming your way soon..)

sbutler

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Mark, your there. Its all yours. You've been pretty quiet around here lately, and now I see that you've been perfecting this song.

Perfect job Buddy. You hit that one over the fence.

Scott

tvarga

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey Mark, that was really great! :)
So, when are you going to visit up north for another get together?
Which guitar are you playing?
BTW, I finally picked up a Taylor Grand Concert last week. Oh boy am I loving it.
And I have you to thank you for it because listening to your Taylor during our Canadian NewEnglander weekend convinced me that that was the sound I was looking for.
-Tom

MarkM

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Al - Thanks for the nice words.

Scott - Thank you!! Just felt right on Saturday for what ever reason. Probably couldn't do it today............

Tom - Thanks Tom!! Well I'm glad I'm not back in NH this week...... I'm actually planning on a trip back up with the family over the 4th of July for about 10 days. I'll let you know as it gets closer. I'll most likely bring the 714 that you saw last time. If you were asking what I was playing in the video its a 12 Fret custom. I'm really happy you found the guitar that you enjoy playing. What model? I can't wait to see and hear it.

MarkM

tombo1230

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Sorry I'm late to this one, been really busy lately. I thought that was really brilliant! The picking was just so smooth and your voice was perfect for this song. The overall sound was first class. Great performance!

Tom N.

MarkM

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Sorry I'm late to this one, been really busy lately. I thought that was really brilliant! The picking was just so smooth and your voice was perfect for this song. The overall sound was first class. Great performance!

Tom N.

Thanks for the nice words Tom!! Much appreciated.

MarkM

BigBear

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 am

Mark- outstanding job! Man, you nailed that one. Great pacing which this song requires to get its feel. Your picking was perfect.

Very impressive! Have you been practicing? Are you getting any flies wet or just getting better on your guitar? LOL!

Well done my friend! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers! :cheer:

dennisg

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Fantastic, Mark! Really, a terrific performance by you -- probably the best ever. Your playing is incredibly solid, that little guitar sounds absolutely sublime, and this is by far the best vocal performance you've given to date. Congratulations all around.

MarkM

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am

Rick - Thank you for the very kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Been very busy these past few months. I haven't really been practicing any new songs but rather just playing the ones I've known. Just thought I would try and sing this song while playing and see what happens. No wet flies here I'm afraid. Between the move and work its been difficult. I'll have to get ready for the spring. Thanks.

Dennis - Wow!! Thank you very much. I'm really happy you thought it was that good. That little guitar was made for this song.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic