Pink Floyd Brain Damage by MarkM

MarkM

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm

This song seemed so right today. Between stress at work and all this political garbage I'm going to need a lobotomy before too long. Its a fun song to play. I've never tried singing this one so its new territory for me on this song. As always thanks for watching and and thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Suggestions or comments Mark?,,wow you were so in control..your pickin,your singin/breathing,,can I say this is your greatest video till now?? I guess it is..

YOU CAN BE VERY VERY PROUD ,and I'm not affraid to say that with capitals..

Willem

tovo

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey Mark. Great, great job. My favourite PF tune and you did it such justice. I loved it.

BobR

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Mark

I have not heard it played finger picking all the way through. Very nicely done and so controlled. Nice singing BTW, and your setup sounds real nice too.

Bob

Go Pats !!!

jayswett

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Nothing to suggest for improvement. I think that was damn near perfect. Your picking pattern is different than mine, and I liked the variability. Well done.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 pm

MarkM wrote:
... I'm going to need a lobotomy before too long ...
Which brings to mind the immortal words "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy" (sorry, couldn't help it).

Yeah, you made this your own, the finger-picking instead of the strumming sets quite a mood.
The sound is warm and intimate, but the tone is slightly troubling. Does the tune justice.

Hope things go your way ... what with job and all ...

Pierre

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 pm

One of my favourite PF songs and man did you do it justice. Very well played and sung Mark ...good enough for open mic night I believe, way better than I play it (which isn't hard by the way lol)

buddy

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Really super job Mark, You really seem to be finding your own style !

Bud

tacticaltal

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 am

Wow, was there some sichzo alluding in there? I never heard the song (not a fan of this genre), but I checked the history of it at Wikipedia, and yeah, a song folks could relate to (the band members, anyway).

Nice playing, and mellow voice there, Mark. Got me wanting to maybe rethink my tastes in music!

tacticaltal

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
MarkM wrote:
... I'm going to need a lobotomy before too long ...
Which brings to mind the immortal words "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" (sorry, couldn't help it).
ah, a wise-cracking, Dorothy Parker fan :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic