The Beatles Here Comes The Sun by dtaylor

dtaylor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Cheers Bob, always nice to hear your thoughts.
Terry, thanks, I think the bottle of red had something to do with the flubs, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Willem, I'm glad you liked it, I remember your version, we should hear an update on it from you soon I think?
Thanks Ness, I can't believe you remembered the trouble I had with the timing! I must be more careful, people are are taking note ;) it is easier with the timing on the strumming version though.
Michele, my face appearing would only detract from a pretty song :)
Thanks Pete, those runs took some repetition to nail down.
Chris, I split my time between two locations and my old guitar is at one place, my new one at the other, I do feel a little guilty about cheating though. Might try again with the new guitar for sound comparison.
Thanks Tom, I plan to go for the trifecta on this one with the open G version the last to get down, really tricky though, I still don't think it should be a level 5 song.

willem

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am

dtaylor wrote:
Willem, I'm glad you liked it, I remember your version, we should hear an update on it from you soon I think?
.[/quote]

OEPS..YOU WORK HARDER I THINK..

BTW it was the fingerpickin one..

MarkM

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Dean,

Congrats on a job well done. Beautiful sounds coming out of your guitar.

MarkM

dtaylor

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks Mark, you've inspired me to attempt another vocal, so wait out!

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:38 am

Dean-
Very good job on a toughie! I like your pace and clarity throughout the song.
Your guitar and setup sounds great too.

Well done.

dennisg

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Dean,

Very, very nice job. I love this song both strummed and fingerpicked, so after Jay's excellent version, it was so nice to hear yours. I'm really impressed by what you accomplished in this song, because it's deceptively tricky, although you make it look easy.

I could be wrong about this, but I think there's an A7 chord (used as a turn-around) between the first and second verses that you omitted.

Lavallee

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 am

Loved it Dean, I like the strumming approach, gentle strumming and clearpicking.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic