America Sister Golden Hair by roberte29

roberte29

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 am

Robert,

Looks like this is your fisrt post. Congratulations on a nice job with this song. You've got all the barr chords down really well and a nice smooth strum going on. Very nice sound you are making with the guitar. My only suggestion would be to watch out for small breaks in between chord changes. Easier said than done I know. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

willem

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes,thats the song for learning barre grips and transition them,,very well done,,lets see what the master tells and we benifit as well..thx

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey Robert, congratulations on your first post! You're really doing well on Sister Golden Hair, strum and chords all fine. Maybe you could try a capo on 2 to see if it makes the vocals a little easier as you are singing an octave lower and then the low bits are a bit too low. Sing at the original pitch is challenging but you couls also tune the guitar down 1 or 2 half steps and try that too.
Welcome to the TG Video Poster's Club!
Chris

tacticaltal

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Congrats on your first upload Robert!!! And like the others said, you got most of the hard work already down, great job on that!!

I agree with Mark's point about the little breaks between chords, you're kinda like not playing the 'ups' (at the 'and of four'). But I'll leave the tips for Neil! ;)

Another little thing, you play the G# and F# as major chords, but they should actually be minor chords, so just leave your middle finger out of it and you'll be fine! :)

Many kudos for the singing!!

cheers

Vanessa

willem

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:54 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Congrats on your first upload Robert!!! And like the others said, you got most of the hard work already down, great job on that!!

I agree with Mark's point about the little breaks between chords, you're kinda like not playing the 'ups' (at the 'and of four'). But I'll leave the tips for Neil! ;)

Another little thing, you play the G# and F# as major chords, but they should actually be minor chords, so just leave your middle finger out of it and you'll be fine! :)

Many kudos for the singing!!

cheers

Vanessa

Neil or Ness,,what the heck...both are great..well to me they are.. :woohoo: :laugh: B)

roberte29

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Many thanks to everyone for the encouragement and the tips. As I'm sure you know both are greatly appreciated.

Bob

BobR

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Robert (or do you prefer Bob ?)

Nice first post and quite a barre chord workout. You seem to have all the parts down. My suggestion would be a little syncopation in the intro as Neil goes over in the lesson. Not sure if you've done the lesson

Thanks for uploading

Bob

tovo

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:29 pm

All the tips are there for you Bob so I'll just say well done. Not an easy tune to play and sing. Kudos for posting.

dtaylor

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Props on a tough workout for your barre hand, cool upload, keep 'em coming!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic