Orleans Dance with me by nesh16041972

RicksPick

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey TG-friends!

It’s been a lot of fun playing this song this past week, I actually never realized it has súch a cool guitarpart in it, too cool! B) :)

Anyway, I thought I’d share it with all of you. Thanks again Neil for such a fun challenge! It was really nice to work on something again.

I didn’t have the patience to go for the ‘perfect’ take, so I hope this is good enough or just enough to show what I’ve been working on. Hope you’ll enjoy!

Cheers all!

Ness

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jimcjimc

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Vanessa,

That was great! Fun to watch you work on the ending.

Jim

tovo

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Wow Ness, breathtaking work on the guitar. I'm always perplexed when you roll your eyes when (I'm guessing) you have made a mistake...I'm thinking you're probably the only one who notices! Love your videos and please keep them coming.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 pm

What a great song that is played that way... Vanessa it was just perfect! Lovely melody and harmonies ringing away there and played so cleanly. Loved it!

willem

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I said something in the busking thread too,,and now I am here and all the breath was taken 'cos ,,wel can't find the words so read Chris his post,,that it was

B) B)

Willem

suziko

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Nessa,

That was just amazing. I adore that song and was so thrilled when Neil posted the lesson. What a fabulous treat on this rainy Sunday afternoon to watch your lovely version of it. Your playing is, as always, beautiful and seemingly flawless. Loved your singing on it, too, and only wish someone was doing harmony with you!!!

Thank you for posting this!! You're a real inspiration!

Suzi

kelemenj

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 pm

That was outstanding. You did a great song justice.
John

michelew

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Nessa,

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! You're amazing. This sounds so fabulous, the guitar was singing with you all the way through, really gorgeous. I love your voice as I always do, your fingers are doing some serious acrobatics the whole way through and the fireworks at the end are just awesome. If you hadn't tried to make it 'perfect' at the end, I'd never have know that it wasn't perfect already. ... Though I love seeing your expressions as you're working on things too. That's always fun.

I agree with Suzi. You really are an inspiration woman. Gosh, you make a fantastic song even more fun AND you make it look doable (but then I remember who's playing :) ). So...I may give it a go when I get the one I'm currently concentrating on down a bit more.

Maybe you'll be phantom-ised and Suzi will get her wish.

Love the dancing fingers. Oh and the expressions are priceless.

I LOVED IT! I'm looking forward to Neil's response.

Shel

tacticaltal

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Did I not respond? I thought I responded! Let me respond.

That was a great take, Vanessa. Your fingers responded very well to your words "Dance with Me" :)

Of course, I'll be sitting here all day listening and re-listening.

You captivate me.

sbutler

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Well,, All of the above. You never disappoint Vanessa. Wow, that was good.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic