Neil Young Mr. Soul by MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 am

Really cool Mark! Love the sound of double dropped D on that Taylor and your playing sounded very steady and accurate to my ears, very nicely done. The monster reverb worked too! All in all a great post ... again!

MarkM

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks everyone.

Bud - I'm glad you liked this version. I'm sure you will do a great job with this one.

Willem - Thank you for the nice words. Glad you liked it.

Jay - Ha!! No I'm not a fan of any Atlanta team. Still watching and following all my New England teams. Go Pats!!

Ness - Thanks for the kind words!! I know you like your Neil Young so I'm real happy you liked this one.

Dean - Thank you very much. Not so sure about the confidence though.

Bob - Thanks!! Yes you are right that the game was way to close. I'm going grey watching these guys.

Tom - Thanks so much for watching!!

Tony - Thanks Tony. Those were some really nice words. Not sure they are justified though. Reverb is my friend..... Maybe a bit too much on this song even though I was trying to get that spooky feel. Oh well. Live and learn.

Terry - Thank you sir. I appreciate the nice words.

Chris - Thank you so much as always!!

MarkM

Craig

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Mark,
Very cool! I love that NY song. As others have mentioned, your guitar sounds great in that tuning! Well played. That little bass lick is really cool. Nice work all the way around,

Craig

pbraun

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Very cool indeed Mark. This song is a favorite of mine. Like the reverb!
Pete

MarkM

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 am

Craig thanks for watching and the knid words. If I'm not mistaken you have a pretty nice dreadnaught yourself. I bet you can make this song sound really good yourself. Thanks

Pete - Yeah its one of my favorites as well. I'm glad you liked it!!!

MarkM

AcousticAl

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 am

Markus!

Logged in for the first time in a bit and saw this.
SWEET!
You know I'm a sucker for Mr. Young, and you did a great job.

To quote Tammy-
"Everyone can use a little reverb!"

Cheers!

Lavallee

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 am

Hi Mark,

I really enjoy this song and you did very well with it. The reverb for the voice was a good idea. Your guitar sounds amazing, I am in Atlanta only for one nigth, so I did not bother you. I think is cold as in Montreal today. Where's the heat?

Marc

dennisg

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 am

Wow, it would never have occurred to me to do this as an acoustic song, but it sounds great in your hands. As Tony noted, your strumming is an enduring tutorial on how to do it right. Way to go! As I've mentioned on certain occasions after watching videos, seeing your performance makes me want to learn this song.

michelew

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Mark,

Great playing. You've definitely create a great sound in this, LOTS of atmosphere. The droning riff is fabulous and sounds incredibly consistent.

Nice one.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Hello Mark
That was great listening.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic