Jason Mraz I won't give up by nesh16041972

Lavallee

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm

well this one of the best here on TG, Vanessa. You and others have played and sang great songs, but this one is going to be difficult to beat. Such a variety of tone. quiet to loud, all with silk strumming and delicate picking. Once again your soul is driving your singing.

A masterpiece

Marc

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 am

Gosh, Ness! Well, I wasn't really surprised that this would be great.

I listened to the original first, to get a feel for it, and though I'm not too much into the new era, I very much liked his version. But, then came YE, convincing me that it is, indeed, a song that must be learned!!

I LOVE IT, Vanessa, AND I LOVE YOU!!

All I can really say is to reiterate what others have said: you are a great guitarist and singer, and I think you would wow people to death if you played live.

Carry on, missy :)

EDIT: I truly believe you have mastered this song forever!

benfield113

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 am

Hi Vanessa.

That was really good. (I played it through 3 times!!) You have a beautiful voice and awesome control of the guitar. :)

Andy

pbraun

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 am

Wow Ness! Truely beautiful
Pete

tombo1230

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:10 pm

I already made comment on the other thread but, hey! I thought of many more things to say after I posted there. :)

This was a very professional performance. I've always liked this song, it really gets inside your very being. Your elequent soulful version had the same effect, truely magical! B) :)

I'm trying to find a good enough word to describe this................... but magnificent! will just have to do for now........ :) :) :) Great job! :cheer:

Tom N.

sbutler

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Vanessa, your simply amazing. When I grow up, I want to be like you. :) :cheer:

sCoTt

Hydroman52

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am

Wow! Vanessa, that was very nicely done. Thanks for posting.

Hydroman52

jayswett

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:12 am

Wow. Can't say much more than that.

MarkM

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 pm

I've actually been thinking about what to say to each and every one of who responded in this thread......your comments are just overwhelming....so bear with me trying to find the right words here.... :side:

Michele: Well that's what I mean.....my gosh SWEET woman!!!! :blush: :blush: It's always exciting when actually uploading a video and then the first response comes in........and just blows me away instantly :blush: ....and what a relief too, haha! :laugh: ..........I'm out of words to do your sweet sweet comment justice (Absolutely loved to read the details!)....but believe me, it means a LOT to me!!! :) :) :) :kiss:

Haoli: Haha :laugh: ! Me tóó Bill! But really I hear you loud and clear, thank you so much!! :cheer:

Suziko: So very happy you've enjoyed it!! And yeah, the singing, haha :cheer: ! It was a challenge for sure, the lyrics, the phrasing, but such a great song to sing, just love it! And indeed, I hadn't heard the song as well, but it's all over youtube, including a whole bunch of covers :blink:. Thanks so much sweetie! :kiss:

Takhak: :woohoo: :woohoo: Loved your comment!! Thank you very much!!!! :cheer: :)

Willem: Ha Willem, you're such a sweetie too!! :kiss: (and I guess Jason's management is a bit down to earth, no muted video! :laugh: )

Dermot: Well thank you Dermot!! 'Beautiful noise', well I can't definitely live with that, haha! :laugh: :P Thanks!!

Tony: The more I read this comment.....the more....... :blush: :blush: gosh.......what a sweet man you are Tony!!! :kiss:

John: What a major compliment John!! :cheer: Really great to hear that, and much appreciated, thanks so very much!!! (and yeah I sometimes live under a rock too when it comes to music :S , often others bring songs to my attention which was the case with this song as well.)

Craig: Haha! WOW to you too!!!! Gosh, you're always so sweet and supportive Craig, no exception here, and as usual you made me smile BIG, THANK YOU!!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

to be continued!!! (trying to find words, words words!!!)

:woohoo: :kiss:

RicksPick

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Can I add my "WOW" to the list please Ness

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic