>> Todays Target members only Student Video Review by Neil - Always On My Mind by tacticaltal

tgjameela

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live. Today we look at: Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind by tacticaltal.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... ew_id=1020

willem

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm

WOW Terry that was a great review you get there,,this is really a bonus bonus on a song I love too..

I think we need more that kind of stuff on thirds or maybe seconds...I love it and I try to copy Neil...

THX you both

Willem

dtaylor

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 pm

It would sure get my vote to have that solo sketched out, that was delectable Neil!

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh, Neil, thank you so much for your input here. This is one of my favorite Nelson songs, and he has a style that I love, and try to copy.

Yeah, I'm sorry that lead cut out, I thought it wasn't too bad, but there were some instructive moments in there.

I will have to review your Review again, as you speak about counting notes, and I'm afraid that I'm still ignorant on that topic. Though you've explained this in lessons, I really don't know what 6/8, and 4/4 and all that means, as far as putting it into practice; I'm afraid I may know it only in theory (and perhaps not enough of that).

I have always played by ear, and have just recently studied Tab, and though my "ear" failed me on my upload :D I believe that it is due to learning (and concentrating on) the correct way to pick out those bass notes throughout the song that got me off-kilter with the rhythm. Well, that's the story I'm going with, anyway ;)

No, really, I need to learn the correct beat, and I guess that means learning how to count notes. I know, in theory, I guess, that some songs are 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, and others are 1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4, etc., but I have no knowledge of the time signature of those.

Thanks again for the review, and I hope to work on this song some more.

Willem, thank you for those comments. Maybe I'll learn what 2nds and 3rds really mean. :D

Dean: The melody that Willie Nelson gives it is just great. And Neil did a damn fine job with it from just out of the blue there.

Thanks everyone.

Terry

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Neil, at about :34 you seem to be doing a down down , up down, and then at about :58, you mention a "oney and a twoy, or something like that. Then later it seems your suggesting all down beats with the pick. I'm still reviewing it, so maybe I'm off here and will find the solution.

tacticaltal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:04 pm

WOW, I'm messing' with this now, and I can tell that I really need help on playing rhythm, and that's incredibly bad news for my ego :D.

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Terry
Loved your playing when you uploaded it.

What a great review.
Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic